Adult dentist in the Triangle rec? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anyone y'all go to that you really like? I need to see someone asap and haven't been to a dentist myself in almost 3 years. :

TIA!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM

I know there are some holistic dentists around (that Natural Awakenings freebie magazine usually has 2-3 listed I think), but I don't know anything about them.

He'd be a bit of a haul for you, but DH and I see Dr. Jason Troutman in Mebane. I had a not great experience w/ someone in Hillsborough and at the time asked my orthodontic assistant for a recommendation.

He's not holistic, but he's very friendly and personable. I get the impression he doesn't use many or maybe even any metal amalgams anymore.

He's kind of cute too :

Anyway, I'd love to know more about the holistic dentists locally, but overall we've been happy with Dr. Troutman (I think his dad is in his practice w/ him...we go to the son)
#3 of 5 Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 PM

I go to see Dr. Carl Furr here in Durham.

3622 Shannon Road Suite 103
Durham, NC

Phone: (919) 493-1402

my old dentist, who was picked primarily for location, moved, so I wasn't sticking with her anymore. I got a coupon in the mail from Dr. Furr and figured WTH, I'd give him a whirl. I was surprised how delighted I was. He was so gentle and kind, I knew right away I'd be sticking with him.

Esp. after my second visit when I had to bring my six yr.old, too sick for school, but not too sick to keep up a running chatter during a whole filling replacement had to come with me and Dr. Furr just took it all in stride and seemed totally cool.

Cute too.
#4 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recs, mamas! I definately want someone who uses composite material. I've spent waay too much time and money having amalgams removed...I certainly don't anymore. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to the dentist so I need to find someone gentle. A cute dentist is a plus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcrunchie View Post
How's it going mama? How are the kiddos? I'll bet Miss E is so big now, huh? She's recently 2 right? I'd love to see you guys soon...and introduce you to Iris!

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#5 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthdancedoula View Post
Thanks for the recs, mamas! I definately want someone who uses composite material. I've spent waay too much time and money having amalgams removed...I certainly don't anymore. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to the dentist so I need to find someone gentle. A cute dentist is a plus!

How's it going mama? How are the kiddos? I'll bet Miss E is so big now, huh? She's recently 2 right? I'd love to see you guys soon...and introduce you to Iris!
My mom also sees this dentist and refers to him as Dr. Hottie LOL Now my dad, DH, and DS all refer to him as Dr. Hottie as well (picking on my mom) so I can't take DS along to appts...for fear he'll call Dr. T. "Dr. Hottie"

So sweet of you to remember...yes, E. just turned 2 : I showed them Iris's photos (from your siggie line) right after she was born and L. was so fascinated. E. looooooves all babies and went crazy too We'd love to meet her in person. You and your DH make the cutest babies evah!

DH just had a metal amalgam removed with Dr. Troutman and he said he was impressed at how much time he took...he didn't rush, he was really great about the whole thing (DH hates going to the dentist). It was replaced w/ a composite. So far we've had a few visits with him and found he has a really nice personality. I have no idea how great he is w/ more involved procedures, etc but so far we're happy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page