NC Vaccine exemption letter? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a copy of the vaccine exemption letter that schools and daycares accept?

Thanks in advance
#2 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 PM

As far as I know there is no specific letter for daycare. You have to compose your own. I'm currently working on one for my DD's daycare. It reads like this:

To Whom It May Concern:

DD will not be getting the varicella vaccine because it is against our religious beliefs.

Sincerely,

Mama Bear

Of course, I'll include actual names in the real letter

As far as public schools go, they should have a waiver or form for you to sign. Contact the school nurse, she should be able to help you.

Mom to retired nursling Lily (6/22/07) and wife to my wonderful DH since 3/19/05
Baby Aerick is here! Born at 40+6 on 5/16/10
#3 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 PM

The pp is correct, you just need to write a statement of exemption.

We printed out the exemption form template from this page and keep it available. You can make copies to give out also.
http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/northcarolina.htm

North Carolina

Current Statutes & Laws:
http://www.909shot.com/state-site/NorthCarolina.htm.
Medical & Religious

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. No child shall be exempt from the requirements of immunizations for the case of a personal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief.

Pat

I have a blog.
#4 of 6 Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
#5 of 6 Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 PM

There's not a formal form although there are many examples out there. We wrote our exemption on a piece of paper and handed it to the registrar when we registered C and H for school. Apparently the schools (public) don't have a form either...they just require an informal statement. In fact, the woman wasn't interested in my pretty, notorized copy of a vaccine exemption letter.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#6 of 6 Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 PM

I was just about to come a post the same reply about not needing an official letter. Glad other momma's pointed you in the right direction! Good luck!

Elizabeth - Single mom to my 3 year old daugher and a full time graduate student . I support

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page