VBAC friendly provider Mid TN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a VBAC friendly ob in the Nashville area. I am in Murfreesboro but am willing to travel as my search in Murfreesboro has yielded nothing. My search in Nashville hasn't been promising so far as I am a VBA2C, but I am hoping that with some help I can find someone to work with me. I really want to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 PM

I could give you the name of someone in the Memphis area, who was my medical back-up for my VBAC 26 years ago (hospital birth w/CNMs). Don't know if it would be appropriate to post names here, so feel free to email or PM me. Even if you don't want to travel this far, he might know of someone closer to you.

I know he's still pro-VABC. When my daughter's twins were born 16m ago, he made a point of saying that he would make the incision so that she wouldn't have to have a c/s the next time.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM

talk to dr spetalnick @ vanderbilt. he is my ob and about as vbac friendly as you will find. good luck
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM

You might also try talking to the Farm, they're about an hour south of Nashville. Even if you want an OB rather than a midwife, they might be able to refer you to some good doctors. (They have somewhat restrictive VBAC policies, I've heard, but they do take some VBACs, I believe.)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:27 PM

Try the Vanderbilt Midwives! I'm going to them - not for a VBAC, but I do know they do VBACs. They are awesome! :

They are also starting "water therapy" aka. laboring in water tubs on March 15th. If this baby isn't here tomorrow, I'll get to use the labor tub! Woohoo!

-
Old 04-23-2009, 01:02 AM

I second the Vandy midwives. I had 2 babies with them, including 1 who would have been a C-section with anyone else. They're wonderful and do VBACs, not sure about VBA2C....

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif

User Tag List