Looking for gyn in the Knox area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a gyn in the Knox area who actually takes the time to listen to their patients and doesn't shuttle them from lobby to waiting area to exam room for hours on end with no explanation of the procedures they performing. I am fed up with a certain ob/gyn practice in the area and I am in desperate need of a gyn who will listen to me instead of milk my insurance and treat me like crap. Thanks for any recommendations.
#2 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM

The Lisa Ross Birth and Women's Center does gynecology care. That's where I go. If you need something more than the basic yearly checkup stuff, I don't know how in-depth they get, but it's worth asking. They certainly take the time to listen to you, being midwives.
#3 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks hapersmom. I love the Lisa Ross Center but I need more than general care.
#4 of 8 Old 03-19-2009, 04:49 PM

Holly Talley is my gyn. She is not doing ob work right now, only gyn. I find her to be very caring and thorough without feeling like she is trying to rush me out.

Great Expectations ob/gyn -- 971-6877.

I used Contemporary Women's Health for my last delivery. Both Dr. Yang and Dr. Roberts are very nice.

540-1650.

Good luck.
#5 of 8 Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM

I have seen Dr. Craig Myers from Generations. I was in the hospital and he was called in to see me. Not only is he handsome, he has a bedside manner that I didn't know existed! He stayed in my room for what seemed like a half hour or so. His # is 769-4444.
#6 of 8 Old 04-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Dr. Roy Broady at Fort Sanders. I think the number is 524-3208. In my experience, he has been very upfront; he has a dry sense of humor and has known to drop everything for a patient even when he's not on call.
#7 of 8 Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM

I see Dr. Kathleen Edmunds at St. Marys and she is fantastic. She listens, her nurses are great, and and she's open to new ideas and practices.
#8 of 8 Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 PM

I like Dr. Paula Peeden. She has an office on Northshore right by I-140. She really listened to me and was extremely honest about various options (I have endo) and basically advised me against what other docs have pushed me to do against my will.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page