Mothering Forum banner

Crunchy moms in Clarksville, TN or surrounding Fort Campbell area?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DoulaHeidi 
#1 ·
Just looking for some people who are in the area. We are moving up to Clarksville on April 1st.

#5 ·
sweet! Our DDs are only a few months apart. Maybe we can find a bunch of MDC mamas and meet up sometime. I think there used to be a Clarksville babywearing group or something that met at that German bakery. I'm forgetting the name...

#8 ·
Hey treeoflife...

That bakery is called Silkes. It's downtown in Clarksville. Well, I think it's downtown. I don't know my way around very well yet.

I'm here. Planning on going to the LLL meeting this month at the library. You?

#10 ·
It's actually on College St, a bit further away from downtown/Austin Peay. It's called Silke's Old World Breads & Bakery, or something like that. I heard somewhere that Clarksville mamas were meeting up there, but I think that was a babywearing group, maybe?

The LLL Meeting is the third Wednesday of each month, so...the 21st of July. I haven't been to one yet, but I am hoping some AP mamas would be there. I'm a little nervous about going because it's kind of close to nap time depending on how long the meetings last, but I am going to try.

What's the name of your cafe? We haven't found many good restaurants here yet, so a new suggestion would be great!

#12 ·
Did any of you find a crunchy/ AP group? I am considering moving to NW TN in the next year or two and trying to see what the crunchy climate is like.
Hi Serena,
We actually have a facebook group with over 1000 members called the Clarksville Crunchy Ladies, so there is definitely a place for you. :smile:
The Tree of Life Wellness Center opened a few months ago. They have a small grocery with healthy & organic products, as well as classroom space for events like learning about water kefir.
I run a birth network group on fb with 950+ members, where the focus is on informed choices for pregnancy, birth and parenting. It's called the Clarksville Birth Community.
Are there other specific things you'd like to know about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.