Crunchy OB/GYNs in Knoxville/Oak Ridge area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this has been asked before in this forum but couldn't find it.

I had my last baby at Lisa Ross and would love to do it again but my new insurance (Tricare Prime) doesn't cover them

Sooo...anyone have someone they recommend and I can see if they are on my approved list?

Also what hospital is pretty crunchy?

We don't circ, don't do hep b at birth, natural birthing, breastfeed (and still am with #3) and I turn down many prenatal testing.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#2 of 4 Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 PM

I had a good experience with Contemporary Women's Health and Parkwest Hospital. I turned down all prenatal testing (I did have an ultrasound) and I had a completely natural birth. The doctors were very willing to listen to what I wanted and to go along with my birth plan. I went 1 week over my due date and the doctor did not push me to talk about an induction. She said that she was happy to let me wait it out.

The hospital was great, too. THe rooms are nice, they didn't push me to have an IV (although, to be fair I walked into the hospital very close to pushing), and they were fine with me not doing Hep B, etc. I did have to sign some things, though.

The doctors at CWH are Ceccy Yang and Kimberly Roberts.
#3 of 4 Old 04-10-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyovol View Post
I had a good experience with Contemporary Women's Health and Parkwest Hospital. I turned down all prenatal testing (I did have an ultrasound) and I had a completely natural birth. The doctors were very willing to listen to what I wanted and to go along with my birth plan. I went 1 week over my due date and the doctor did not push me to talk about an induction. She said that she was happy to let me wait it out.

The hospital was great, too. THe rooms are nice, they didn't push me to have an IV (although, to be fair I walked into the hospital very close to pushing), and they were fine with me not doing Hep B, etc. I did have to sign some things, though.

The doctors at CWH are Ceccy Yang and Kimberly Roberts.

I heard good things about them before, and my pregnant neighbor is seeing them as well. Of course, my insurance doesn't cover them either

I think the plan is to find a doc that has right at Parkwest though, I've heard it was nice for several people.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM

There are also some homebirth midwives in the area if you're interested. They might or might not be covered by your insurance, but from what I've heard, midwives are generally more willing to work with you on payments if your insurance doesn't cooperate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page