Does anyone see the 7 midwife practice that delivers at Gaston Memorial? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am considering using the 7 midwife practice in Gastonia for my next birth. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I have not heard from anyone who actually sees those midwives. I'd love any info anyone has about them. I've heard that you have to go to the health dept for your first visit and then get referred to the midwife satelite clinic. How is the first appt at the health clinic? I'd love to hear anything anyone has to say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 AM

You might ask on the local "Exploring Holistic Alternatives" message board. I don't have any experience with the Gaston midwives though. http://xploringholisticalternatives.ning.com/

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 AM

I also don't know anything about this practice, but Gaston Memorial is currently working on becoming a Baby-Friendly Hospital, and the folks I work with were very impressed when they went on a recent site visit.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:29 PM

I had a friend who used them and she really liked them. And I delivered both my children at Gaston Memorial and I have to say that it is an amazing hospital. Even with having c-sections, they did their best to make sure that it was family/baby centered.

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM

If you're talking about Ashley Women's Center, I do not recommend them. The midwife I saw there was very med-wifey and didn't seem very competent. Also children were not allowed into the office - they had to stay in the waiting room, which seemed odd to me.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingfamily View Post
If you're talking about Ashley Women's Center, I do not recommend them. The midwife I saw there was very med-wifey and didn't seem very competent. Also children were not allowed into the office - they had to stay in the waiting room, which seemed odd to me.
I have noticed more and more practices doing this as well. They are claiming it is due to germs that children carry but I have been in the restroom in numerous places behind adults (granted I had to leave it was so nasty) and found that they can be worse than kids. I am not sure what the real reasoning is behind this.

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolmom07 View Post
I have noticed more and more practices doing this as well. They are claiming it is due to germs that children carry but I have been in the restroom in numerous places behind adults (granted I had to leave it was so nasty) and found that they can be worse than kids. I am not sure what the real reasoning is behind this.
Thankfully, this is not the office I was talking about. I don't know exactly what it's called, but it is a midwife satellite for the health department. It is where Marcia Chilluck practices now. If I weren't allowed to have my kids with me I wouldn't be able to go to many appts. And I for sure wouldn't be leaving them alone in the waiting room!

User Tag List