South Carolina Delayed Vax - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all!

I will be living in South Carolina for a year while my husband is deployed (we are a military family), and planning to put my children in a small preschool program for a couple days a week (Mom's Morning Out type program). We are part way through a delayed vax schedule for my 7 month old, and I am wondering what the "drill" is in terms of vax certifications in SC for your child to participate in preschool. Do I just need to submit an exemption letter, or is it enough that I have the doc fill out the immunization cert indicating the dates that we plan to give my daughter any vaxes that she hasn't received by the time preschool starts? I have read the state health department's info on this, but can't tell what will be acceptable other than to immunize on the CDC's schedule.

Any guidance is appreciated -- thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 AM

I have a 3.5 yo not fully vaccinated. I have not used MMO, but have signed her up for preschool next year. She does not need certificate for her preschool but there are some that would not accept non vaccinated children in programs. I'd call the program for their policy.
#3 of 3 Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 AM

I would go ahead and fill out the exemption-it's very easy to get one and vax on your own schedule as you choose.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page