Doc's able to do PKU testing on newborns in Raleigh area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if you guys know of any pedi's or family docs that can do PKU or the newborn blood screening required for NC testing on newborns that are not born in a hospital in the raleigh area?

(sorry I know that was a really long run on sentence LOL)

Me-Brenda (wife as of 10/9/2005 and SAHM), DH-Rudy, DS-Isaiah 3/2009, DS-Micah 5/2011. We are a BF, Baby wearing, non-vacc, future homeschooling, homebirthing , traditional, family. The center of our home is Christ .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 10:13 PM

If you have a homebirth, your midwife will do it there in your home during one of the post-partum visits. She'll take care of everything and the results will be sent to the state and to your ped, if you request it.

Very easy!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama de dos View Post
If you have a homebirth, your midwife will do it there in your home during one of the post-partum visits. She'll take care of everything and the results will be sent to the state and to your ped, if you request it.

Very easy!
Thanks for the info. I figured as much about the homebirth. But if I were thinking about a hospital birth I would be at UNC with the midwives. I spoke with the midwives at UNC hospital and they said they can release a mom and baby within hours after the birth if the mom's pedi can do newborn screenings in their office (ie they have a lab to do the blood tests). Not evey pedi can do this the midwives said. SO I was looking for pedi's just incase. I plan on asking mine but I don't think she has a lab to do this.

Me-Brenda (wife as of 10/9/2005 and SAHM), DH-Rudy, DS-Isaiah 3/2009, DS-Micah 5/2011. We are a BF, Baby wearing, non-vacc, future homeschooling, homebirthing , traditional, family. The center of our home is Christ .

User Tag List