Columbia SC homebirth - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DH is due to return from deployment any day and we're ready to start to TTC again.
Anyone in the Columbia area have a home birth? Any recommendations for a midwife?

Thanks!

We're a : kind of family.
-Morgan
#2 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Not personally, but I do know people who have. I delivered at Lexington.

I forgot the name of the site . . . it is advertised on here sometimes though, and lists a few local midwives that do homebirths. there is also Lisa at the covenant birth center.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#3 of 8 Old 09-06-2010, 12:22 AM

I'm in Columbia, Have you tried Tavish. She is about the best you'll find here and the most hands off. Columbia is not very natural birth friendly. Lisa is not very hands off from what I have heard.

Super Crunchy natural birthing, extended breastfeeding, non-Circing, non vaxxing cloth diapering, Student midwife and Mama to Hannah 14 Abby 9 and Liam 1
#4 of 8 Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

I had DD at Covenant Birth Center with Lisa Byrd and it was wonderful.  Check out the CBC website.  She is a wonderful midwife.  Some of the state laws that she has to comply with are a little annoying but nothing too serious.  I felt very well cared for and safe.  She was there when I wanted her but gave me lots of space while I labored. 

#5 of 8 Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 PM

I highly, highly recommend Tavish. I do not recommend Covenant Birth Center unfortunately.  Please email me for more information, I'll gladly give more info and answer questions.  amber.babesinbloom@gmail.com

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

#6 of 8 Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 AM

It's sad, Amber that you have absolutely no experience with Covenant Birth Center yet spout the prejudicial rhetoric of Lexington Medical Center. I'd encourage anyone considering their natural birth options in Columbia get a review from our clients, not someone who fears birth and Licensed Midwives.  We welcome sincere inquiries, honest critiques and informed, intelligent reviews based on actual experience.

greenhands likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 AM

For those who are not comfortable in an out of hospital setting, we strongly recommend the family practice doctors at Palmetto Health Richland.  You will get docs in a hospital setting who are not quick to turn their patients over for c-section.  A great solution for VBAC these days too!

#8 of 8 Old 07-13-2013, 05:35 PM

I actually am currently seeing a doctor at Richland in Columbia (well she is a USC OB), and both she and her partner who I saw briefly have stated that even though I have had my last four babies naturally, because I had three previous VBACS, they will not allow me to have the baby naturally there. I am looking for an alternative, but there seems to be none but home birth, and even then it would have to be UC because no midwife can legally have me as a client or they may lose their license. You would think having the last four babies naturally would show that I am fully capable of giving birth naturally, but I guess not. Anyone know of a doctor who would be willing to take me on as a patient? Let me know...thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page