Triangle Playdate 9/29 - Mothering Forums
North and South Carolina and Tennessee > Triangle Playdate 9/29
obxbound's Avatar obxbound 11:39 PM 09-26-2010
With it's fence and shade last weeks final park destination was a hit! Let's try it again.

The park is the Indian Creek Greenway and Trailhead - address 101 Town Hall Drive. That part of the road is new (last 2 years) so it doesn't show up on my car's GPS. The parks official site is Indian Creek Greenway and Trailhead Google maps it here.

If it rains I'm happy to host at my house in Cary. I'll PM everyone who's coming my address if it looks like we'll be inside.

MJoKirk's Avatar MJoKirk 11:12 AM 09-27-2010
I plan on being there either way. Last week, I planned on being there, but my cousin had car trouble and I had to drive her to a job interview. Assuming nothing like that comes up again, I will be there- whether at the park or at your house (your house is so close to mine- that would be easy! hehe).
Biscuits & Gravy 12:04 PM 09-27-2010
Sounds good!
April Dawn's Avatar April Dawn 01:07 PM 09-27-2010
Well, I'm out then. I pretty much swore off playdates in Morrisville after last week! Have fun!
SeekingJoy's Avatar SeekingJoy 02:21 PM 09-27-2010
April, you are welcome to stop by my house first and follow me there.

We are in.
Biscuits & Gravy 03:09 PM 09-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Dawn View Post
Well, I'm out then. I pretty much swore off playdates in Morrisville after last week! Have fun!
This one is super easy to find.
Novus's Avatar Novus 03:46 PM 09-27-2010
We're in, too! And oh, how I hope it stops raining by then--we're already going stir-crazy in the house
MJ13's Avatar MJ13 05:11 PM 09-27-2010
We're in!

Does anyone want to claim the orange & purple cup from last week yet??? I would love to return it to it's owner!
obxbound's Avatar obxbound 06:37 PM 09-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingJoy View Post
April, you are welcome to stop by my house first and follow me there.

We are in.
Ditto April. You live like 2 seconds from me. Infact I can swing by and "pick" you up after I drop G off to school, you're right by there. You can caravan with MommyKrista and I.
Novus's Avatar Novus 09:04 PM 09-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ13 View Post

Does anyone want to claim the orange & purple cup from last week yet??? I would love to return it to it's owner!
That's ours--thanks for retrieving it! It was the second week in a row that I've left something in the park after playdate. Goal for this week: leave with everything we brought in.
Curlyfry7's Avatar Curlyfry7 11:36 PM 09-27-2010
We're in too!

You having the cup MJ reminds me of the playgroup bag!! Where'd that end up? Hopefully everyone got everything back...
April Dawn's Avatar April Dawn 01:10 AM 09-28-2010
Thank you for the offers to caravan! I just might do that and follow one of you that live close to me.

Sadly, I have no sense of direction at all. I could almost get lost trying to go from my bedroom to my kitchen.
pearl2's Avatar pearl2 01:19 AM 09-28-2010
We're out...getting ready for a trip to NJ. I am in a wedding and the whole family is going! Thank goodness we're splitting the trip Thu and Fri. We are not so fortunate on the way back...think of us all next Monday as we attempt to do the entire drive in one day eeeeeeeeeps
Zoeanne's Avatar Zoeanne 09:50 AM 09-28-2010
we're out this week too...have fun!
rhiOrion's Avatar rhiOrion 10:15 AM 09-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Dawn View Post
Thank you for the offers to caravan! I just might do that and follow one of you that live close to me.

Sadly, I have no sense of direction at all. I could almost get lost trying to go from my bedroom to my kitchen.
My mom used to say that I could get lost in a wet paper bag. And that I'd argue with a stop sign, but that's a different issue.
Breeder's Avatar Breeder 01:53 PM 09-28-2010
We're in. Loved that park last week, even if I couldn't get my little explorer away from the big kid slides.
circle vortex's Avatar circle vortex 06:41 PM 09-28-2010
we should be in. Dh has off again on Wednesday. arggg He will just have to do without me for a while. Plus I need to get away from him, he is sick today and if he asks me to get him one more thing im gonna scream.

Pearl2 have fun in jersey. that will suck on monday, maybe you can leave like at 4am so you have alot of time for stops!
CadensMama's Avatar CadensMama 08:08 PM 09-28-2010
I wish we didn't live so far away. We're out again this week, can't do an hour drive. I'll keep an eye out for when there's a playdate within a 30min drive for us and I'll see ya'll then!! :-)
April Dawn's Avatar April Dawn 12:37 AM 09-29-2010
So, rain is looking very likely. Should we cancel, or wait and make the call about what to do in the morning? Do we have any backup plans? Obxbound, you offered in the original thread to host in case of rain, but will we all fit comfortably at your house, or should we split into smaller groups at a couple of locations?
maotmsmi's Avatar maotmsmi 12:50 AM 09-29-2010

obxbound's Avatar obxbound 08:34 AM 09-29-2010
I was holding out hope that it wouldn't rain, but at 80% last night...here we are. I've PMed everyone my address. If I missed you please send me a message and I'll send my address.

See you this morning.
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 09:55 AM 09-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
We're out...getting ready for a trip to NJ. I am in a wedding and the whole family is going! Thank goodness we're splitting the trip Thu and Fri. We are not so fortunate on the way back...think of us all next Monday as we attempt to do the entire drive in one day eeeeeeeeeps
We did it in one day (from NY) when we moved here. It wasn't as bad as we thought. We left around 9am-ish. I think we ended up making 2 stops. When we got hungry. And the kid took a nap in the middle of the drive.
Breeder's Avatar Breeder 11:24 AM 09-29-2010
We're out. Ijie is clingy and fussy this morning to the extreme. I am not in the mood for 30 minutes in the car with mr. grumpy pants.
Carhootel's Avatar Carhootel 03:54 PM 09-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
We're out. Ijie is clingy and fussy this morning to the extreme. I am not in the mood for 30 minutes in the car with mr. grumpy pants.
boooo we missed you!

Thanks for hosting Tina!
MJ13's Avatar MJ13 04:44 PM 09-29-2010
Thanks Tina! You rock!
Curlyfry7's Avatar Curlyfry7 04:50 PM 09-29-2010
Tina you are a very brave woman!! Did you have stiff drink after we all left, LOL?? Your house is beautiful by the way!
maotmsmi's Avatar maotmsmi 09:52 PM 09-29-2010

obxbound's Avatar obxbound 12:00 AM 09-30-2010
OMG...you ladies are all so sweet. I had a great time!!!

Thank you for coming. I'm happy to host on rainy days.
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 10:27 AM 09-30-2010
Mmmmmmm, those blueberry muffins!

I've never seen Rosti so peaceful and content for such a long period of time when out. Your house must have good Feng Shui.
Up