Chicken pox around Knox. area? - Mothering Forums
North and South Carolina and Tennessee > Chicken pox around Knox. area?
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 12:36 AM 10-06-2010
So both my kids have cp right now and I am wondering if anyone else in my general area have it or have heard of it going around? As far as I know my 2 are the only one with them in the school but then there is a lot kids with some type of rash that could be cp without the typical rash.

My dd had the cp vax at 15months but no booster and her cp is rash only without fever or sickness of any kind. While my ds who hasnt had the cp vax had the rash with vomiting and fever.

I honestly wouldnt have even though cp for dd with just the cp rash because of the no other symptoms so it stands to reason that some other kids might have the rash like dd and parents not realize what it is especially those that dont know vax can fail.

Anyway anyone else out there in my area?

StephandOwen's Avatar StephandOwen 05:25 PM 10-06-2010
We want them! LOL!
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 07:19 PM 10-06-2010
I wrote you a pm steph.

Today is day 8-10 for them not sure exactly but they havnt gotten any more dotes in a day now so I doubt they would still be contagious by this weekend.
KoalaMommy's Avatar KoalaMommy 11:53 PM 10-07-2010
darn, I'm just seeing this now!

One of my kids has had them, the other 2 haven't. Of course one is only 8mos, but, gosh I want those pox!
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 01:06 AM 10-08-2010
My mom told me that someone at their church that one of the kids had cp and he is from up in Kentucky. So maybe it came down that way instead of up from Knox.

It will be the 21st before I know if dh has made it without getting exposed or he is immune.
kecmom's Avatar kecmom 07:25 PM 11-01-2010
Just figured I'd put it out there that I'm pretty positive we have pox. As of today, dd3 has 12 spots on her back and 1 on her front. (Literally brand new to me since this morning-) They're quite obvious and typical of the size and shape, but aren't yet fluid-filled.
My kids have also had colds and such though, so FYI, there may be other germs here too. I have 4 girls so it might be around here awhile- PM me if anyone is interested.
paxagrarian's Avatar paxagrarian 09:35 AM 11-02-2010
Are you in knoxville? How did your kids catch cp? I'm trying to get my two to catch it, but it seems like a hard thing these day. Any advice?

Elizabeth
NC
mamajjr's Avatar mamajjr 10:53 PM 11-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecmom View Post
Just figured I'd put it out there that I'm pretty positive we have pox. As of today, dd3 has 12 spots on her back and 1 on her front. (Literally brand new to me since this morning-) They're quite obvious and typical of the size and shape, but aren't yet fluid-filled.
My kids have also had colds and such though, so FYI, there may be other germs here too. I have 4 girls so it might be around here awhile- PM me if anyone is interested.

Where are you located?
LaffNowCryLater's Avatar LaffNowCryLater 01:12 PM 11-16-2010

Wow, I need some for my younger two kids. My older two had wild cases 6 years ago.

CathyRN's Avatar CathyRN 09:37 PM 01-17-2011

Hey there, just joined the site and saw your post.....I know it was from a while ago. If you know of anyone around Knox or Nash that has cp please email me as I have 2 young boys and trying to naturally acquire cp desperately ! oldest is 10, youngest is 5. We live in Sevier county TN, east TN area.  Thanks. Cathy

momtopea's Avatar momtopea 02:11 PM 02-06-2011

We are also looking for CP. live in Franklin Tn...

Up