I've got a BIG Chicken Pox Case in Upstate SC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's been a long day and I need to get in bed but wanted to throw this out there...no I'm not very active but I read religiously and I've seen this done before so thought I'd do my part.

Apparently there is a "newish" strain of Chicken Pox (per the amazingly not gung-ho vax urgent care doc) because the virus is mutating due to the wonderful :Puke vax (my son got the 1st shot in 2004 and then 6 month later he got chicken pox anyway...I soon came here and I'm happy to say I'm totally reformed and no longer vax ) Welllll my son just so happens to have chicken pox...AGAIN and they say it's the "newish" strain...and he's in a pretty bad way with it. Sooooooo if you're in the upstate of SC or would like me to send lollipops, swabs or whatever is usually done send me a pm and we'll see what we can work out.

His first lesion popped up yesterday (10/11/10) and he's now covered along with a fever. Doc said he's contagious for at least the next 7-10 days. I haven't had time to look into the validity of this "newish" strain (doc did say to quarantine all of us son,me,hubby for that time b/c even vax'ed people can catch this...uh ya think?) but either way it's chicken pox & I'm more than willing to share the love so to speak. So, like I said if you're interested post here or pm me, I'll be back online by 9am est to start home school.

Peace, Love and Chicken Pox (yeah since I don't post much I went a little crazy with the smilies sorry)
#2 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

I've posted this late last night and it got pushed off the new posts feed so I wanted to pump it back up just in case. I've had one response. The offer still stands, I've got lots and lots of weepy Chicken Pox just begging to be swabbed or something so give me a holler if you are interested!
#3 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Where in upstate SC?

Mama to 3 wonderful children
intactlact.gifgoorganic.jpgfamilybed2.gifbfolderchild.gif

#4 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 06:36 PM

I seriously thought about this for a few minutes for my 3yo, then realized that 1) I'm pregnant and really don't want to have chicken pox again and 2) that I was hospitalized with Chicken Pox Arthritis when I was 3-ish for about 3 weeks (it's incredibly rare, something like 1:3000 people get it, but...)
#5 of 6 Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajjr View Post
Where in upstate SC?
Hey!
I'm in the Anderson/Greenville SC area. I've gotten a few other request and looks like I'm gonna be sending out some lolly's and q-tip swabs of the lesion juice. If you're interested send me an email with your addy and I'll get them out this weekend.

arbrewster at yahoo dot com
#6 of 6 Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieWench View Post
I seriously thought about this for a few minutes for my 3yo, then realized that 1) I'm pregnant and really don't want to have chicken pox again and 2) that I was hospitalized with Chicken Pox Arthritis when I was 3-ish for about 3 weeks (it's incredibly rare, something like 1:3000 people get it, but...)
yeah I don't think it would be a good idea while you are pregnant (congrats by the way).

and speaking of rare the doctors are all "it's sooo rare for someone vaxed to get the chicken pox...and even more so to get it twice" hmmmm that should tell you something about the vax don't ya think?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page