Dentist in Triangle -Anyone Take Thier Children to Dr. Susan Lee or Dr. Elliott? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-22-2010, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been searching for a dentist for my 4 year old's first visit in the triangle area. (Yes we are way overdue-just don't know where to take him!!!) I've seen recs for Dr. Susan Lee in Raleigh, but nothing specific about children. I like that she doesn't recommend fluoride.

Anyone taken their child there? How does she feel about nursing at night? Can parents stay with their child? Is it child friendly -good distractions, etc?

I've also been thinking about Dr. Elliott Cary Pediatric Dentistry, but I don't like his view on nursing and having to brush DS's teeth after BFing. Any experience with him would be great as well.

TIA!

Married to DH 18 years when DS was born 9/06! : : : SAHM, Meow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-22-2010, 01:07 PM

We JUST went to Dr. Lee for the 1st time Tuesday, and my DS who is also 4 had his first appointment too. He is not nursing, so I can't comment to that, but he had a GREAT experience. My DH and I also had appointments the same time, and while my DH watched my DD in the waiting room, DS came back with me. After watching for a while, he HAPPILY went off with the hygienist for her to look into his mouth, as well as Dr. Lee. He did so well, that they went ahead and cleaned his teeth. When I was done, I went back with him, but he totally didn't need me And this is a kid who had oral aversions and we have quite the struggle at home to brush his teeth. They were great with him.

And while I had my cleaning, my DH was in his appointment, so my 22 month old DD sat on my legs while they cleaned my teeth.

While we were waiting for DH to be done, the receptionist came out and played with DS for like, 20-30 minutes. There were toys in the waiting room, including a wooden horse barn with horses, and they didn't seem to mind when both kids messed with non-toy things. The hygienist makes the "happy visit" fun, with a "roller coaster" chair, and other child-friendly names for the equipment. They also get to pick a "treasure" afterwards-yes, it's a cheap plastic toy, but in exchange for the great 1st visit we had, it was well worth it to deal with it for the short time it will be around before it's lost or broken.

HTH!

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#3 of 5 Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 PM

We've been very happy with Dr Geeta Bhat in Cary. They don't blink an eye when we refuse fluoride, and definitely welcome parents in the examining room.

http://www.geetadds.com/

ETA: The hygenist there also makes it fun, and there was a TV showing Cars. They earn some kind of currency during the visit to buy prizes with (they can save them up for better prizes).

Zoe, mama to one "rough and tough" dude (8/02/06) and one new sweet pie (4/11/10)
#4 of 5 Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 AM

#5 of 5 Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies.

So glad your little one had a good first experience, Curlyfry7. Thanks for all the details - she sounds great. I have not been able to find a website for her. Do you or anyone else know if she has one?

Thanks for sharing about Dr. Bhat, Zoeanne.

Sorry Dr. Bhat did not work out for you MommyKrista - hope you find Dr. Lee to be better!

Anyone know more info on Dr. Elliott? His office looks so cool, but I don't want to go there just for that reason.

Sounds like Dr. Lee may be best, tho, especially since she is female. Sometimes DS shys away from men.

Thanks!!!!

Married to DH 18 years when DS was born 9/06! : : : SAHM, Meow

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page