Memphis Midwife Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am interested in a woman care facility in Memphis.  It is called Trillium Woman Care.  I have called them twice and have not received a return call.  Is that normal?  I am a little irritated at the situation and I am sad because I really wanted to like them.  I called them last Thursday and left a message at the time I was 5-6 wks along.  Well I ended up MC on Friday and had some questions about my situation and such.  I called again this morning and explained what was going on and still have not received a call.  Should I just call some one else or is that the norm for MW.  I have never used one.  Has anyone ever used Trillium before?  Thanks for the advice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 AM

Im sorry, I was using http://memphismidwife.com/default.aspx I would try them Melissa is great.

Kirsie Mommy to Dylan
Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  I am still hoping to use a MW.  I will call them.  At the moment I am preg again and having some progesterone issues so I hope I can still use one.  Thanks again!!!  I am assuming you are in Memphis?  Are there any mothering type stores for slings and stuff?  Thanks!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:07 PM

I am in Memphis. I haven't found any good stores there are places like motherhood of mat but that is about it. (Babies r us of course and that is about it)

Congrats on your pg. :)

Kirsie Mommy to Dylan
Old 12-09-2010, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I saw a motherhood maternity in Southaven a few days ago.  I may pop in there to see what they have.  I wish I could find a good place to look at some cloth diapers and stuff.  

Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM

I have a cousin who can tell you about every kind of cloth diaper and even has video's on youtube about it she lives in Maryland where there are lots of stores we just don't have any here for that. I ended up not using cloth diapers though I am using cloth wipes. :)

Kirsie Mommy to Dylan
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 AM

Melissa recently moved out of the state. I'm sure her fellow midwives in the practice are great, too.

No, not returning phone calls is probably not their norm. If they had back to back to back births, it could've gotten lost in the shuffle somehow. I'm not sure if they have an office person either. At our practice in Franklin, TN, we have a policy to reply to phone messages within 2 hours.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice.  I finally received a return call and I followed it up with an e-mail because I did not want to take away from their patients.  However, I never received a response to the e-mail either.  It was very disappointing.  When I need a MW, I think I will try full circle instead.  That seems like a poor business practice to me.  No matter how busy they are they should be able to reply to an e-mail.  I really wanted to like them...

Old 02-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Just as an FYI. Unfortunately, you may not have received a reply email as their email has changed but the website isn't updated. 

Here is the information:

Andrea Christianson CNM 
Amy Stewart-Banbury CPM
Trillium WomanCare
2610 Autumn Avenue

Memphis TN 38112-2937

901-452-8088

[email protected]

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM

For cloth diapers in Memphis there is now a dedicated store! 

www.overthemoondiapers.com

www.facebook.com/OvertheMoonDiapers

User Tag List