What's going around NC these days? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-29-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the 3rd week for my LO and 2nd week for me having cold/sinus symptoms.  Things start like a sinus infection and then go to a dry cough and then a wet cough with chest congestion.  I don't want to take to to the Dr and expose him to more serious sicknesses but if he has an infection I guess he needs some antibiotics.  I'm just curious if anyone else has had these symptoms and what it might be.  Thanks for any insight.

#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Sounds similar to us.  DD has had a lingering cough for quite some time.  It seems to be very very slowly getting better, so I'm going to wait and mention it at her 9 month WBV

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#3 of 5 Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodibug View Post

This is the 3rd week for my LO and 2nd week for me having cold/sinus symptoms.  Things start like a sinus infection and then go to a dry cough and then a wet cough with chest congestion.  I don't want to take to to the Dr and expose him to more serious sicknesses but if he has an infection I guess he needs some antibiotics.  I'm just curious if anyone else has had these symptoms and what it might be.  Thanks for any insight.

I know this is an older thread, but this is exactly what happened to me last week and apparently it's still going around! I had no idea anything was wrong other than a tooth that was sensitive to cold and them WHAMO! I ended up at feeling horrible and went to the doctor last Friday. She gave me an antibiotic for a sinus infection, and then yesterday I had to go back for bronchitis! I haven't been sick like this in ages and ages. No fun at all.

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

It is still going around, because I'm sick too! My son went to a birthday party Jan,21, and felt sick the next day. He was sick for about 2 weeks, with a cough, fever, and congestion. Then, while taking care of him, my baby daughter and I caught the cold. We've had it almost 2 weeks now, and we are just finally starting to feel better.

So, what the heck is this? I have met a lot of people in NC who came down with the same type of cold. Is it the flu, or just some strange virus? Any thoughts?

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#5 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

So, what the heck is this? I have met a lot of people in NC who came down with the same type of cold. Is it the flu, or just some strange virus? Any thoughts?

No, it's probably not the flu. If you had the flu, you'd know it was the flu I think. The flu usually has more severe cold symptoms and hits you suddenly. You'll feel fine in the morning and like "death warmed over" by lunch. There could be fever, sore throat, headaches, muscle aches, cough, and  congestion. There are some types of flu, like the Swine Flu, that include vomiting and diarrhea. You usually start getting better in a few days, but some people feel horrible for a week or more. 

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page