Mothering Forum banner

Triangle Area Farmer's Markets

428 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WednesdayO 
#1 ·
I overheard someone talking about farmer's markets the other day, so I was wondering if there are any farmer's markets in the Triangle area that are open in winter.... or when do the first ones start?? THANKS!

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure the state farmer's market in Raleigh is open year round since it's a permanent structure. I know the Durham market is open because I was there just a couple weeks ago. I know the Carrboro market is open too, the Saturday market that is, not the Wednesday one. The Carrboro market did shift their hours though - opening at 9am and not the usual 7am. There's also a market in U.Mall in Chapel Hill so I bet they're still running through the winter too. Seems like you won't have trouble finding one open! We're so farmers market rich around here, I love it!

#4 ·
I've only checked out the state farmers market in Raleigh.

How is the parking at the other ones? They seem to be located more in the center of things, so I was concerned about parking availability. Do they have their own lots?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carhootel View Post

I'm pretty sure the state farmer's market in Raleigh is open year round since it's a permanent structure. I know the Durham market is open because I was there just a couple weeks ago. I know the Carrboro market is open too, the Saturday market that is, not the Wednesday one. The Carrboro market did shift their hours though - opening at 9am and not the usual 7am. There's also a market in U.Mall in Chapel Hill so I bet they're still running through the winter too. Seems like you won't have trouble finding one open! We're so farmers market rich around here, I love it!
I knew that state farmer's market was always open, but I had no idea so many smaller ones were! We have shopped the state farmer's market back in warmer weather, but so many of those aren't really local to this area. I would like to support people closer to home, KWIM?

THANKS everyone!!!

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

I've only checked out the state farmers market in Raleigh.

How is the parking at the other ones? They seem to be located more in the center of things, so I was concerned about parking availability. Do they have their own lots?
The Durham one has good parking and is fairly close to you. Rhi and I should come meet you there some weekend!

#7 ·
The Carrboro Market has been around 25+ yrs and has been instrumental in the local, organic food movement in this area from the get go. They only allow vendors from w/in 50 miles. They have a dedicated space adjacent to Carrboro town hall and do have a parking lot that gets very crowded in the summer months, but may be more open this time of year.

#8 ·
There is also the Western Wake Famers Market in Cary, near Apex. That's actually the one I'm closest to, and tend to shop most, even though I'm in Durham. One nice thing about it and the market in Carrboro is that you can use debit, credit, or EBT cards for most of the vendors. They are open 9-12 in the winter.

http://www.westernwakefarmersmarket.org/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.