So much going on...need refs for Greenville, SC... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, everyone! I've been pretty absent from the forums for a while, but I've felt a renewed sense of interest in the community in general, and I must ask for some help and recommendations.

Due to some issues with our landlord, my husband & I will be moving from Nashville, TN to Greenville, SC by March 1. Besides having only a month and a half to pack, figure out where we're going to live, and figure out job situations, I just found out that I'm pregnant again. We currently have one daughter, Megan, 13 mos. old.

I really really need some good recommendations for birth care in Greenville. I have a history of high risk pregnancies. With my first in 2008, I didn't know anything was wrong until my water broke at 5 mos. I lost my daughter 2 weeks later in the hospital. With my next pregnancy (Megan), I was high risk from the beginning, and was monitored closely throughout. I went in at 21 wks and my cervix was funneling, so I had a cerclage the next day and was on modified bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. I delivered via c-section 2 days past my due date (I dilated to 7 but then stopped, and my blood pressure kept going up). In November of 2010, I had a miscarriage. Very early, but still. 

And now, I just found out that I am pregnant again. And I'm going to have the stress of moving. With a toddler. To a different state.

So, you can see I'm slightly worried for my new baby.

I'm very interested in having a midwife, but I know that, due to my history, I'm probably going to be high risk again. So I was thinking of trying a birth center. But really, I'll take any and all recommendations of sensitive, compassionate, personal care in the Greenville, SC area.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Thank you all so much!

~Amy 

Amy: novel-writing, vegetarian, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing mama to angel-baby Genesis Aria (5/20/2008) and DD Megan Eirwen (12/5/2009), and wife to best DH ever, Brien (m. 5/18/2001).
#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

I'd recommend Dr Stafford. He's a family physician who is pretty laid back. His website is www.cfmofgreer.com . I'd also recommend Julie Byers if you are needing a doula or hypnobabies classes. She also has great website www.inexplicableways.com . As far as midwives, I had Carey Collins and she is excellent. Withwomanwithchild.com

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#3 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 AM

I didn't think Dr. Stafford did high-risk or c-sections since he is not an obstetrician???  Definately check out Julie on www.inexplicableways.com .  She is a fantastic wealth of knowledge and my doula as well (I'm a little biased smile.gif).  An early welcome to the area to you, and I hope your move goes well and as stress free as possible!!!

#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If I were you, I'd call up Julie and see who SHE recommends for a pregnancy and birth where certain interventions will actually be needed and desired. 

#5 of 5 Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post

If I were you, I'd call up Julie and see who SHE recommends for a pregnancy and birth where certain interventions will actually be needed and desired. 

What a fantastic idea!  wink1.gif

Or you can pm me and we can work thru some ideas.  We just started a non-profit BirthNetwork chapter in the upstate and that is precisely our goal--matching families with the resources to support their choices. 

Julie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page