any Memphis mama's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-25-2011, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to see if anyone else is expecting in Memphis or alreayd have any little ones. I'm not sure how I feel about raising my baby in one of the most dangerous cities and was hoping for some feedback from others who have been there done that.

#2 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 AM

I'm in Memphis. There are a good handful of other Memphis area moms on MDC too. As for one of the most dangerous cities, Memphis is a very pocketed city so you can literally live on the otherside of a street/backyard and be fine. Violent crime in particular generally stays within its own neighborhood/block. When you see statistics like that, they use a 5 mile radius. Memphis pockets are significantly smaller than a 5 mile radius so it's a very inaccurate portrayal of the city as a whole. Now, if you live in one of those pockets, it's a different story, but I have plenty of friends and family who literally live a few blocks away from certain pockets and have never had a concerning incident.

Are you using an OB or midwife? How far along are you?

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#3 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!! Yeah I've been living in mymephi 19 years and I've had a few scary incidents but when I found out I'm pregnant I started to worry. I'd love to be able to raise my child in what I've adopted a my home town.

I'll be using an OB though I'd prefer a midwife, and today  am 9 weeks!!!

#4 of 4 Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM

I lived in Memphis my entire childhood ( I am now in Nashville).  I love Memphis and I often wish that I was back home.  I had a great childhood there and I wish I was there raising my own children.  I feel that change is on the horizon in Memphis.  I would to be a part of the movement thats going there.  Be encouraged!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page