Eastern TN Mamas-I need your help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas

We are planning on moving down south. We don't have a specific place anymore, but thats a long story. So, I have been looking online in the eastern TN are bc my sister goes to school in Chatanooga and my mom lives out by Nashville(We are from MA originally) . Besides craigslist, I don't really know where else to look for apts. We can't afford a high rent and my husband does not want to live in the city.

So I guess I am looking for input on nice rural towns and where the best resource may be for looking for apartments.

Thanks!

Amanda, Mommy to Connor(12/23/08) & Logan (12/31/10)
SAHM, AP, BWing, CDing, BF'g, cosleeping, kinda crunchy
#2 of 3 Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Are you wanting to be close or in between Nashville and Chattanooga? Cause I'm pretty sure not all the area between would be East Tennessee. East Tennessee  is the mountain region from around Bristol, Johnson City, Knoxville down to Chattanooga on the south western edge. You might change your thread title if you're interested in areas specifically around those two cities so folks in those areas will click through.

I think some of the area between Nashville and Chattanooga would be Middle Tennessee. I say this as a North Carolinian, though, so take it all with a grain of salt.

If you're looking for the East Tennessee mountains, though, you might consider areas around Knox as I've heard there's a fair amount of crunch there and it's not too far from Asheville, NC, which is super crunchy. It would be about 2-3 hrs from Nashville and little closer to Chattanooga.

hth

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#3 of 3 Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I see this is from a little while ago, but just saw it, and having moved away from that area recently I can tell you a little about it.  We lived in Oak Ridge for 2 years (before kids) and Knoxville for 6, 2.5 of those with kids.  Knoxville is 2.5 hours away from Nashville and 1.5 from Chattanooga, and there are a lot of small rural areas just around it. 

There are great local chapters of Attachment Parenting International and Holistic Moms Network in Knoxville, and getting in touch with some of those mamas ahead of your move will give you some additional helpful info and may help you find a place to live.

Let me know if you decide to head to the Knoxville area! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page