Anyone with experience with the Lucy Daniels Center? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone in the Triangle have experience with the Lucy Daniels Center? Experiences positive or negative are welcome. Or, if you went elsewhere for pediatric mental health services -- specifically related to ADHD cognitive behavioral therapy and sensory issues -- please share that experience. 

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#2 of 10 Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I don't have any direct experience, but I knew someone  several years ago who took their child there and they seemed to be really satisfied. 

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#3 of 10 Old 04-25-2011, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. We have continued asking around, and have heard they have a more psychoanalytic approach than we might be comfortable with. Regardless, we have an appointment shortly to at least see. 

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#4 of 10 Old 04-26-2011, 11:12 PM

SJ, I have a good friend, AP mama, who has sent both her girls to LD.  If you PM me your contact info, I can share it with her.  I'm sure she'd be happy to talk with you about her experiences (overall good, but definitely some clashes around AP stuff).

#5 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

I will PM you. Thank you! Our first meeting was yesterday. It was fine, but I think I have more questions than answers now and am still not sure of our path. 

#6 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 PM

How old is your LO?

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#7 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 AM

I also have an AP-friend whose child goes there.  I think she's had a really good experience and has been going there for a while now.  I think they did question some of the AP stuff when she first started going but not anymore.  My friend stood her ground.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#8 of 10 Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

I hope that at some point those of you who have PM'ed me might feel comfortable sharing your perspectives more publicly. I got a very candid, balanced, open perspective on the Lucy Daniels Center that when combined with our initial intake meeting helped us decide to seek evaluation and counseling elsewhere. Thanks for weighing in! 

#9 of 10 Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM

I'll PM you with our experience...

#10 of 10 Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Hi, I only just now joined this forum, as I was looking online for reviews of the Lucy D Center. Would you feel comfortable sharing, in generaly terms, why you decided to seek treatment elsewhere? We are looking for someplace for our daughter and we really want to make the best decision with regards to the provider we choose. Thanks a lot for any info!

P.S. If you have any alternate provider you could recommend, that'd be great also!

Josh

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page