quick- great doulas in Boone, NC area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-03-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you awesome mamas here can help me to help a friend!  She lives in the Boone area and is expecting her 2nd baby soon.  She is *really* wanting a VBAC and needs an awesome doula to support her. 

Could you please send me your recommendations for great doulas in this area? 

Thank you so much!!

#2 of 6 Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 AM

There was a wonderful doula up there (which Boone is only 50 min, from me) who also worked with the Watauga county health dept. as a lactattion consultant,  and she is really great. I will try to look up her name in the next few days. I was also a doula for many years, along witha  being a direct entry midwife and RN in this whole western/central NC area since 1985. However, I did return to gradschool in 2003 & completed the nurse-midwifery program at StonyBrook, and then re-opened my homebirth practice, but now as a CNM. so, I no longer serve as a doula, any longer. I have a daughter who has had 2 homebirths and one non-interventive hospital birth, and ,occasionally, served as a doula, she may be interested. If someone wants to PM me, I will leave a message for my daughter, and then I can/we can relay info through private messaging.

Blessings to all,

Karen Benfield, CNM & owner of BirthTender, a homebirth practice, primary office near Hickory, small satellite offices in Boone and one in Denver, NC which is a liitle north of Charlotte. I do cover a 2 hour radius.

#3 of 6 Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, Karen and congratulations on completing your CNM!  I will pass your info to my friend so she can contact you for more info if she would like to. 

Thanks again!

#4 of 6 Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks Mama De Dos,

#5 of 6 Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 PM

you may already have a wonderful doula for your friend, but if not, i may be able to help!  i live in boone, as well.  i just  had an incredible homebirth and my midwife also acts as a doula sometimes.  she is amazing and i know she would be so strong and supportive to your friend.  also, the woman who i took childbirth ed from is a doula and such a strong, yet gentle, sweet woman.  ill be happy to give you both of their info if you private message me.  

#6 of 6 Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM

I am working on certification now, but have a passion for assisting other mommies attempting VBACs.  I have a 6 week old who is the product of a VBAC.  I had a wonderful, wonderful experience.  I did tons of research, blogged, talked with many OBs and midwives, prayed, prayed, and prayed some more.  I had determined through this pregnancy that my calling was to assist mothers, specifically those pursuing VBACs in labor and delivery.  I would love to meet her and encourage her... My e-mail is mbswor4@hotmail.com.  I work in Boone.  Where is she planning on delivering?  The closest is Hickory and Winston, but I personally traveled to High Point because I had such a supportive team there.  I would not take that back for one second.  I am happy to share my experience!!!  Delivered my son VBAC on June 9th after 67 hours of labor!!!  7lb 8oz.  Magical experience!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page