Mothering Forum banner

Know any good IBCLC's in Asheville?

884 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  NW2SE 
#1 ·
Hi Mamas.

My husband's boss has a friend in Asheville who is due with twins and is looking for an IBCLC (preferably in private practice). I'm an IBCLC in Durham, but I don't know any in Asheville, though I did look on the Find an IBCLC website of ILCA and ZipMilk.org. I figured I'd try here to get your opinions, good/bad/ugly. :)

Thanks so much for your help.

lactivist.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Susan Mooney of Asheville has been offering breastfeeding support for 15 + years. She rocks. She is a La Leche League leader. I believe she is also IBCLC. You can contact her through motheringthemama.com <3 HTH

#3 ·
I don't know that Susan is still with Mothering the Mama because that is Jordan Glover's business and she has moved to Virginia. Here is the latest contact info I have for Susan:

http://www.wncbabylady.com/

Hope that helps. I know of a few other breastfeeding counselors and La Leche League leaders, but I don't know if they are IBCLC.

-s

Stacey A. DiMuzio CD(DONA)
Bella Belly Doula Services
Birth, Postpartum, Hypno
Doula & Midwifery Assistant
703.470.2727 828.484.1558
www.abellabelly.com

www.facebook.com/BellaBellyDoulaServices

"We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong."
-Laura Stavoe Harm

"Whatever way birth happens, it is your rite of passage into motherhood, and that passage is to be celebrated.
Natural childbirth is a passage, cesarean birth is a passage, and birth with an epidural is a passage to be celebrated.
That passage cannot be taken away from you. Every mother's birth experience is valid, and an act of courage."
-Ananda Lowe

Reactions: veggielover
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.