Loooking for family doctor/pediatrician in Columbia, SC who is okay with non-vacc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is a chiropractor and treats our girls for the most part but I always like to take them in once a year for a full physical.  Can anyone recommend a Columbia, SC doctor who would respect our choice to not vaccinate?   We are moving to the area in a few weeks. 

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Any luck?  I'm in the same boat. 

Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 PM

I have heard good things about a female doc over near montecello rd.  In the Sterling Sharpe pediatric center.  My Midwife Lisa Byrd recommended her but I don't remember the name.  It might be Lynn Wilson, MD but I am not sure.  There are 2 other female docs there so I am not absolutely sure.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:02 PM

I am moving back to Columbia, my hometown, in the Spring so it's cool to stumble upon this post.  This is a concern of mine as well; my son, age 2 has not had a vaccine as of yet.  The Sterling Sharpe pediatric center was started by my childhood pediatrician, Dr. Stuart Hamilton!  My mother was alternative, but not radically so, but I remember really liking him, and it'd be sweet if the center was an ally for those of us moms less inclined towards allopathic medicine!  Good luck, if you find something message me!  I'm gonna want to be connecting w/ like minded mamas when I get back to the South!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcat View Post

I have heard good things about a female doc over near montecello rd.  In the Sterling Sharpe pediatric center.  My Midwife Lisa Byrd recommended her but I don't remember the name.  It might be Lynn Wilson, MD but I am not sure.  There are 2 other female docs there so I am not absolutely sure.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

I contacted the local midwife and got the same recommendation for Dr.  Lynn Wilson at Sterling Sharpe.  It looks like that's the caregiver we'll end up going with. 

If any of you alternative/natural moms want to get together, let me know!  I'd love to find some like-minded mama friends in the area.  :)

Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 PM

I have five, none of whom have ever been vaccinated. I will need a good doc for them, but none are babies. The oldest is in college, so ive been at this a while. My beloved is a physician ( he tolerates my bent toward what is off the beaten path but he doesn't really "get it") and I'd also like to get the skinny on good places to give birth, doulas and so on. I also want to connect with cool mamas!

Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the recommendation with the two pediatricians' names.  I just moved back to Columbia after being in Charlotte, NC and I've been looking for a more holistic pediatrician who won't pressure or guilt trip me into vaccinating my children.  As for a good birth center, I've heard of Covenant Birth Center from a Palmetto Parent magazine.  They advertise that they have midwives and doulas there.  I'd like to try that place in a couple of years when I'm ready for another baby!

User Tag List