Looking for a homebirth midwife, Charlotte NC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-10-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies!

I'm currently pregnant with our 4th, and am looking to find a homebirth midwife in the Charlotte area. Our 3rd baby was born at home in Portland, OR...oh how I miss that place sometimes! Finding a CPM there was as easy as googling!!!

If anyone has any resources or information, I would be SO thankful!!

Oh, and I've submitted the form at nchomebirth, so perhaps I'll hear from them soon...

#2 of 5 Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Hi, I am in the same situation, looking for a homebirth midwife in the Charlotte area and was just wondering if you ever heard back from NC homebirth, you can just private message me if you have any info! Thanks Brooke smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM

https://www.facebook.com/BirthTender

K
aren Benfield attends homebirths in that area. She is a licensed CNM. CPM's are not licensed in NC yet. It may happen this summer, though. But using one is still an option. There are a lot of them out there, but because of legal status they are hard to find.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#4 of 5 Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM

libsmama,

thanks for providing my info to these ladies. I can also be found on Healthprofessionals.com. I used to have a prenatal site in the northern Charlotte area until last early fall. I'm looking at several in a northwest suburban town of Charlotte. I cover a 2 hour radius of Hickory, and all of Charlotte and beyond is well w/in that 2 hours.

Anyone can PM me or my e-mail is: birthtender00@ yahoo.com

Blessings,

Karen Benfield, CNM, MSN & Owner of BirthTender Midwifery

#5 of 5 Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 AM

Quick update: Business from you Charlotteland folks is picking up, slightly. I have started, again, looking for some place really reasonable to rent a small office space in the upper North suburban areas, e.g Denver, NC.

Remember, if you come up to Hickory via Hwy. 16 (which all but about 4 miles) is now a 4 lane Hwy, it takes 50 min to  one hour from Hickory to downtown Charlotte.

Karen Benfield, CNM, & Owner of BirthTender Midwifery

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page