Recommendations for a holistic-accepting general family practitioner in Raleigh, NC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't seen a DR in years, just my midwife for annual well-woman exams.  I would really really like to find someone I can go to now, and eventually my kids, for a balanced approach to healthcare.  Someone who won't criticize my anti-vaccine stance.  Someone who won't laugh when I say that I'm trying Manuka Honey on my Impetigo.  Someone who can write a prescription if necessary, or request blood work at my request.

Does a holistic-accepting general family practitioner in the Raleigh, NC area exist? 

I need to see someone rather quickly for a nasty bacterial infection and nothing that I have tried alternative-med-wise is working.  I may need an antibiotic.  I know that it is Impetigo because my son battled with it over the summer and I have seen how quickly it spreads.  The only things that stopped it was two rounds of antibiotics.

I am scared and desperate to see someone quickly.  Suggestions, please!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Many people, including me, see Dr. Cindy Young at Cary Healthcare Associates.  She sees a lot of the MDC mamas.  There is a naturopathic doctor adjacent to their office...I'm not sure if they are actually associated or they just recommend her or what.  But they are supportive.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.

User Tag List