Need compassionate, yet aggressive divorce lawyer in Durham- DESPERATE FOR HELP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-23-2011, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dear sister in Durham has been struggling for almost three years to get divorced win custody from her ex, who is a pathological liar (and I do not say that lightly, he is) and who refuses to go to private mediation because he doesnt want to pay for a lawyer. He has not given my sister, who has a 5 and 8 year old, a cent in financial assistance in all this time, and now it looks like there is going to be a battle in court. She has had several ineffective lawyers, the last quit the case on the day before yesterday for personal reasons, leaving my sister with no guidence.

Now it is time for a new lawyer, she needs an excellent one who has experience in the Durham system, and who will fight hard for her and help her get custody of her kids (she has them all the time and pays for everything, but he claims to want them 50 percent of the time). He goes for weeks without even calling the kids, and yet can be very convincing and has no trouble convincing people who do not know him that he is a good guy who just wants to see his kids. Their first court ordered mediation was today, he only knew the date because my sister reminded him, yet he went in and lied about pretty much everything,and he was believed. So now she needs to force him into private mediation so she can have a lawyer present, and to go to court if he will not go to private mediation. Please ask any woman you know who is divorced, if she had a good lawyer!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page