Looking for homebirth CNM in Charlotte, NC... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any info on a CNM who does homebirth near Charlotte, NC. I'm asking for my sister who is currently searching and was told that none practice homebirth where she lives. I'm hoping that's a mistake because she really wants to have a midwife. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Karen,

My sister has contacted you just today and I'm very glad that you are available. She is very excited to meet you and excited of the prospect of a homebirth. Thanks so much!

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Thanks, Emelee,

Not sure who your sister is, and I've had several new calls in past week. Thanks!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:35 PM

I know of several options in that area. Contact me for more information. :)

Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM

Hey, all, I am also looking for a CNM, but I want to deliver in a hospital.  I know I am the weird one... I want to see the same person throughout my pregnancy, then have them deliver me...  Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to stay away from the practices that have lots of midwives, cuz you are not with the same person consistantly...  Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:30 AM

Hmm, I am not aware of any practices down in Charlotte that have only one CNM in the practice. And, if you find one, she/he (yes, there about 15-18 male CNMs in the USA)  would be in an OB's practice, so the OB would also be taking call. I'll be going to the Homebirth CNM meeting in Greensboro on June 10th, and the State chapter meeting of the ACNM in Asheville in July.  I'll ask around for you. Other than that,& inquring here, I suggest that you also visit www.heatlhprofessionals.com and see who turns up & usually the name of the practice, and how large it is will also show. The larger the practice, the more CNMS & OBs in it.

Hope this info has helped,

Karen Benfield, CNM, MSN & Owner of BirthTender Midwifery

User Tag List