Crunchy towns near the beach in North or South Carolina? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family and I live in GA right now but are looking to relocate to South or North Carolina within the next 2 or 3 years...I am really looking forward to this and would like to hear all about your favorite towns....we prefer living in the country as opposed to the city, but want to be no more than an hour from the beach. We have family in Wilmington NC, and friends in Monroe NC, so it would be nice to be within reasonable driving distance of those places....but mostly looking for a town near the beach that has a good homeschool community, an awesome non-vax friendly ped, and nice mama friends for me. orngbiggrin.gif

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#2 of 3 Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 PM

We were in Greenville, NORTH Carolina, and my best friend is from New Bern. Both of those towns have thriving homeschool groups and are natural-mama friendly. Greenville is a college town, with ECU, but it's very easy to live outside of town to get that country feel, but still be just a few minutes drive from all the amenities. There are also a number of vax-friendly docs there you can choose from. New Bern is right on the river and a rather short drive from the beach. Greenville is about 2 hours from the nearest *nice* beach, but you can get to water much faster than that. Cost of living in both towns is relatively nice, housing is reasonable, and downright cheep if you live outside of town.

Good luck choosing where to go!

Vallere - Daugher of YHWH, Wife to Dr. Adventure, and Mama to DS(5)homeschool.gif, DS(3)ribbonpurple.gif, DDribbonpb.gif & DD(1)h20homebirth.gif

blogging.jpg about our move to New Zealand!

#3 of 3 Old 10-09-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Vallere! Oh, I'm so excited, I could just pack up and go right now but realistically I don't think we will actually move for another two or three years. It's good to have places in mind though, so on our next drive up we can check some places out. smile.gif

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page