Back to the drawing board.. Outside of Charlotte but in SC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-03-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have been in St. Augustine just barely a month and it looks like we could be sent to Charlotte after all. I wasnt very excited to hear about this as I am working on my CPM and we all know the story with CPMs in NC. Anyway, hubby brought up the possibility of us living in SC right on the boarder or in a bit closer to any midwives who might be able to help me learn more or need assistants. Does anyone have insight on those towns just south of Charlotte?  I am going to need to find a non vax/ intact friendly ped. Areas with constant local farmers markets. A town with low crime, crunchy-ish families and things to do with the kids. The biggest problem is I dont have much time.. if he accepts the transfer, we will be leaving here in less than 30 days :/

I have heard there are even a few sustainable communes out there.. any info would be great

Mother to 3 wonderful boys. Doula, MW apprentice, Photographer, Foster/adoptive mom, twin mom and advocate for much.
#2 of 2 Old 11-17-2011, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just gave birth at the free standing birth center in Fort Mill, SC.  Most of their clients are from Charlotte (we're actually in Charlotte).  If you use "meet up,"  there's a group for natural parents and one for babywearers.  They have a lot of great meet ups (LLL meetings, play dates, birth circles, etc.).  

We've only used our ped once so far, but for dd's initial visit after birth, he didn't even bring up vaxing... at all.. which I was really impressed with.  He also works with many of our birth center's clients.  His name is Dr. Dino Kanelos and he has two offices.  Hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page