New Ultrasound 3D/4D business Opening Jan. 2012 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There is going to be a new ultrasound business that is specializing in 3D/4D opening in January 2012 on Patton Ave in Asheville, NC. The website should be up in a few weeks. YAY!!!!

#2 of 11 Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 PM

Boo!

#3 of 11 Old 11-30-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Why in the world would you "Boo" that?

#4 of 11 Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 AM

A lot of crunchy moms are anti-u/s or at least anti more than 1 u/s. I think there's also a notion that the 3d/4d business is more focused on profit than health and safety. I'm not arguing for or against just providing a possible explanation for the boo.

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
#5 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

3D/4D is like photography of your unborn child and it is not harmful.  I am all about pictures! I can't wait to have mine done. If you have good registered, knowledgeable techs then it is also like another check up to make sure everything is going well with the baby! Super excited!

#6 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

3D/4D is like photography of your unborn child and it is not harmful.  I am all about pictures! I can't wait to have mine done. If you have good registered, knowledgeable techs then it is also like another check up to make sure everything is going well with the baby! Super excited!

#7 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

#8 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

#9 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

#10 of 11 Old 12-03-2011, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

WOW, so didn't mean to post that so many times. I thought my computer was frozen! Sorry....

#11 of 11 Old 01-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Ultrasound involves a lot more than a photograph does. It's neither been proven dangerous nor safe. I'm not telling you what to do, Mandamom, but you should make a fully informed decision about unnecessary/medically uncalled for ultrasound, esp the more intense 3D type. I do understand how fun they can be. Not knowing the possible risks, I had ultrasounds at least once a month with my first son. I was pregnant in Korea where we could have one done for less than $10 a pop.

Anyway, here is some info that you might want to read.

http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/ultrasoundrodgers.asp

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/pultra.html

Mom to MacLane (9), Orion (7), Amadeus (5), and Alexandria (due in Sept).belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page