Charlotte, NC Pediatrician...help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-29-2011, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We've recently moved to Charlotte and are on an alternative schedule for vaccines for our 4 month old...who is quickly approaching his 5 month mark.  I'm looking for a pediatrician that is open to alternative vaccination schedules and generally has a more holistic and natural in their approach to treating illness.  Any suggestions??

#2 of 6 Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Moving to your tribal area for local responses...

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 6 Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 PM

Welcome! We go to Christopher Jenny at Carolina Family Healthcare. They have an office in Ballantyne and one in Wellington that he alternates between. He has been very supportive of our alternative vaccine schedule, and anything else we've needed from him.
#4 of 6 Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 AM

I loved Dr. Wendy Talley at Growing up Peds in Cornelius.  She is expremely supportive and even encouraging of alternative vacc schedules and natural treatments, she sugessted other things only when absolutely indicated and I trusted that that was the case. and when I had my son she was excited that we weren't circing. We drove 45min to see her and it was worth it. but when we moved about 1.5 years ago, she wasn't excepting new patients, not sure what the status is now.

~Mariah
Mommy to DS (8/07), DD ( 8/09) and one (5/01) Frontier Midwifery student
#5 of 6 Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm moving to Charlotte in a week, and I will be halfway through my first pregnancy. I just wanted to add onto this thread and see if there were any updated suggestions on pediatrician's in the Charlotte area that are accepting patients and to tag this post. In the meantime, I will check out some of the pp's suggestions.  Thank you for any help.

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
#6 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 PM

We see Dr. Goodwin at Starks Pediatrics on Mallard Creek. She gave us her little speech about the safety and efficacy of vaccines, but was also totally supportive of our decision not to vaccinate. She is also fine with delayed or selective vaccinations. We have been very happy with her. We saw Dr. Kilbane at Touchstone Health in Huntersville a couple of times after my daugter was born. We liked her too, but Dr. Goodwin is a shorter drive for us so we decided to stick with her.

Tags
Delayed Vaccination , Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page