Homebirth in Charlotte? Looking for midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-12-2011, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas,

I just recently moved to Charlotte, and just found out that I am pregnant.  My first child was born at a freestanding birth center in VA with a CNM.  I've heard that North Carolina may not be as friendly as VA in regards to homebirth, but I'm still researching.  Could any of you direct me to any information about homebirthing in NC?  Is it illegal?  I would really love to do a homebirth this go around, but I guess I'm not completely opposed to giving birth at a birth center.  For those of you that have homebirth midwife recommendations (Christian homebirth midwives would be a plus), please pass that information to me.  Thanks for your help!

#2 of 3 Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 AM

Have you looked at nchomebirth.com ? There are many midwives in your area who attend homebirths. Several CPMs and at least one CNM. There is also a new birth center in Statesville so depending on your location in Charlotte that might be a good option. Also, there is a birth center not far 'over the border' in Ft. Mill, SC.

PM me if you have any questions.

#3 of 3 Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM

I delivered my daughter at the birth center in Fort Mill, SC......just about a 20-25 minute drive for me from Mt Holly.  It was a wonderful experience.  We, too are researching our homebirth options for the next time, though!

Alexas , Wife to Bobby , mama to Macie Quinn(6)dust.gif Emery Pearl (3)energy.gifand Baby Boy due in July belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page