Midwife Recommendation at Vanderbilt Nurse Midwives - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all - new to the forum, just learned I'm pregnant (yay!). I have a question - I am using Vanderbilt Nurse Midwives and was wondering if folks had good experiences with specific midwives there. Would love to know who to request an appointment with.

Thanks!

#2 of 7 Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM

Location: Middle Tennessee (between Nashville and Clarksville/Ft. Campbell)

You will rotate through most of the midwives throughout your care and who attends your birth is a matter of who is working that night.  

That being said, I've had really good experiences with Lauren Drees and Melissa Allred.  

Blessings,

Heidi Duncan

Birth Doula

Licensed Roots Childbirth Instructor
Prenatal Henna Artist

Essential Oils Consultant

Serving Nashville and Clarksville

#3 of 7 Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!

#4 of 7 Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM

I was told that I would rotate through each MW, but it didn't really happen.  I ended up seeing Melissa Allred for all but 3 visits.  I really loved her and Emma (can't remember her last name off the top of my head.) 

Vegetarian, Montessori-loving, Blogging, Doula in Training, Student Midwife Mama to A 10/17/09

#5 of 7 Old 01-23-2012, 05:57 PM

I am going to use them as well. I trust that we will both have great experiences! EDD Sept 20.

Momma to a weaning nursling DS1 (8/10) and expecting #2 pos.gif (EDD 9/12). DS1 currently Milk, Soy, Egg, Peas, Peanut, & Tree Nut Free (hives/vomiting).mdcblog5.gif lactivist.gif

#6 of 7 Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM

I LOVE my former midwife, Elaine, but she's semi-retired now.  I'm not sure who is there and who is not anymore, but I had a really bad experience with Linda if she's still there, and so did a friend of mine.

In the end, who you get when you deliver is whomever is on at that time, so it is good to see lots of folks. 

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#7 of 7 Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM

I've seen Margaret, Lauren, Elaine, and Soheyl in the office.  Soheyl is my favorite!  She was there when ODS was born (was trying for VBAC but had to have another section when they couldn't find his heartbeat).  Melissa Allred delivered YDS (VBA2C) and she was very nice.  Linda Hughlett primarily works in the hospital, but I've also seen her and think she's awesome.  Dena's the only one that I didn't really care for, but that may have been because of how stressed I was and trying to make a decision to VBA2C or RCS.  She wasn't much help because I had been seeing Soheyl the majority of the time, so she wasn't that familiar with me. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page