How to find crunchy tenants for Triangle rental? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any tips on how to find a crunchy family to rent our Triangle-area home? We have a posting on craigslist and mention that we have rain barrels, Energy star appliances, are walking distance from downtown, etc. Is it weird to mention the clotheslines, square foot gardens and edible plantings (blueberries, herb garden, strawberries, blackberries, etc)? How do we find someone who would appreciate the low/no-irrigation mulched front yard? Are there local groups we should consider posting notices to? 

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I think that all sounds good and I think it's fine to mention the edible plantings, etc, too. I have a friend who just sold her passive solar home and she posted it on facebook and touted it's green-ness. Where are you in the Triangle? You could post to the Chapel Hill Durham Alternative Parenting list or link to your listing here and I'll pass it along there.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#3 of 6 Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 PM

My first thought was posting in places like Earth Fare, Whole Foods, Weaver Street... Emerson Waldorf School also has bulletin boards for flyers around campus. Good luck!

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

#4 of 6 Old 03-16-2012, 11:42 PM

It is a shame we are not moving to NC yet, it sounds fantastic!

#5 of 6 Old 04-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Sounds wonderful! I don't think it's weird to list any of that. We are currently looking for a rental and would love to find handy info like that in the listing. We are relocating from out of state, dp's job in Colorado has ended after 2 years..we are in TX visiting family while we decide where to venture to next. Heh, when I search CL for houses, my main words are 'acres' (we have a lot of children and need room for them to roam, also hope to get a goat and chickens, garden, etc) and 'fruit'! Huge plus if there is fruit already growing! Good luck, I'm sure you'll find someone in no time! :D

#6 of 6 Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Sounds awesome! My DH and 2 DD are relocating to Durham in June and looking for a rental. What part of the triangle? We will be down 4/12-4/15 to see some places... I'll PM you. Also if anyone else is reading this post and needs tenants please let me know. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page