In the Raleigh area and in need of a midwife! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in Fuquay Varina (southern wake county) and I'm pregnant with my third child. I would REALLY like to have a midwife this time around, preferably one that is a CNM and one who will take my insurance. I know of the birth center in chapel hill, but it is a bit of a drive for me. Are there any midwives closer to me? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Nancy Harman @ Birthwise is a CNM

and Carborro Midwifery - they might be able to suggest someone closer to you, though they are opening an office in Durham May 1st

are you looking for a homebirth midwife? You're insurance company should be able to provide you with a list of in network care providers.

0****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****403rdtri.gif

Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM

Also looking for a care provider... my understanding is that given the legal status of midwifery in NC it would be unlikely that insurance would cover? I'm desperately trying to find a natural-minded provider, I would need to deliver at Wake Med b/c my insurance (Aetna) does not have a contract with Rex Hospital any longer.

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM

Also Donna Galati in Fayetville.

The only option for midwives is in Wake County is Triangle OB/GYN at Wake Med Cary.  Wake Med Raleigh and Rex do not have midwives.

Some people get their homebirths covered and some don't.  Mine was covered out-of-network with Nancy who is a CNM.  Some people are able to get theirs covered in-network.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.

User Tag List