Looking for Delayed Vaccination and Paleo/Primal/Unprocessed food Pediatrician in Swansboro/Jacksonville NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I realize I'm in the WRONG state when it comes to staying on top of dietary research.

I have a multitude of health issues that I have corrected simply by cutting grains, legumes, sugars, and dairy (anything inflammatory) and basically flying in the face of the "eat less exercise more" philosophy that is clearly helping America. (PCOS, Migrains, Muscle Spams, Cystic Acne, Inflamed Joints, Brain Fog, IBS, you name it)

I do NOT want my child subjected to the USDA nutritional standards that are promoting french toast sticks and juice/milk for breakfast. I'd rather stick to Eggs with bell peppers, bacon, and spinach, thank you.

I'm looking for a pediatrician who is friendly to a "real food" approach to health and who would be willing to write a note so I don't have to deal with watching my child eat nutrient deficient food.

I'm also looking for someone who would be willing to support a delayed vaccination schedule.

Accepting TriCare would be a bonus! Please help!

Due in Nov, and I really need to get this worked out ASAP. I'm more concerned about the vaccinations since I'll have some time to scope while breastfeeding, but the sooner I get this worked out, the better.

(can't find much in the paleo physicians network)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witzelcheck View Post

I do NOT want my child subjected to the USDA nutritional standards that are promoting french toast sticks and juice/milk for breakfast. I'd rather stick to Eggs with bell peppers, bacon, and spinach, thank you.

I am confused about why you think the USDA is recommending French toast sticks?

#3 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Write a note to whom?  I'm confused.  Why would your pediatrician have anything to do with the feeding of your child?

#4 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I saw this in 'new posts'.  I'm going to guess the OP is referring to some daycare menu's she has seen that adhere to DES regulations.  (not sure but guessing on this one).  To the OP- you can usually send whatever food you want with your child to daycare/school.  A Dr probably is not going to write a note excusing your child from prepared foods unless there are allergies or other medical issues involved.

As for the usual daycare foods/school lunch menu.  Cross that bridge when you get there.  Right now focus on the vax issue.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#5 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

Write a note to whom?  I'm confused.  Why would your pediatrician have anything to do with the feeding of your child?

Some daycares will only allow outside food in with a doctor note.  I've run into it a few times.  Something about the state and food and licensing and all that.

obstruct livery vehicles

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page