Wilmington? Anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-23-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering if there are any like-minded moms in Wilmington or close by.  I did do a forum search but the last mention of Wilmington was in 2010... anyone still around?  I've been here about a year, and to be honest, I just need friends.  Would love to do playdates or coffee or whatever.  I have a 6-year-old boy and am TTC #2.

Marilyn jog.gif, wife to John bikenew.gif, mommy to Cole kid.gif, #2 due 11/18/14 makebabe.gif

run long, lift heavy, breathe deep

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Bumping your post up for attention. thumb.gif

#3 of 6 Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

thank you!

Marilyn jog.gif, wife to John bikenew.gif, mommy to Cole kid.gif, #2 due 11/18/14 makebabe.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM

hi aisforazebra, do you mind me interrupting your thread to ask how you like wilmington?  is your little one in school?  I was curious about the cost of living (house range for middle class), public school or private schools, and the community at large.  is it great to live so close to the beach?  thanks!

#5 of 6 Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi!  I just saw your reply bc I'd kind of given up on this thread and hadn't checked on it in a while.

My kid is in school, but he goes to school in Holly Ridge (about 45 min away) because that's where his dad lives (we have split custody).  He goes to a public school there and I am satisfied with it.  I did look into schools in Wilmington in case the custody arrangement had worked out differently, and there is a good mix - public, private, etc.  There are a couple of Montessori schools, a Friends school... no Waldorf.  Lots of religious schools if you're into that.

I don't know about house prices bc we rent.  We pay about $700/month for a ~1000sf 2br/1.5ba townhouse in a good area.  It's very reasonable.  You could probably google sale listings and get better info.

The community is pretty good.  There are plenty of cultural things - museums, music, theater, athletics, etc.  Most people are nice - all that Southern hospitality, I s'pose.  I do like living near the beach, and we also live right next to Greenfield Lake (literally right next to it), which is gorgeous and I love having it close.  

#6 of 6 Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Hey, we recently moved to the area! We are just north of Wilmington in Hampstead, but pretty close by! 

Melissa knit.gifmilitary wife to C : Mom to Ben (4.26.06) ,Will (4.07.08), Sam (10.11.10), and expecting a GIRL in March 2013!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page