Greenville midwifery care - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone used the midwives at Greenville midwifery care (greenvillemidwiferycare.com)?

I had a difficult labor with my first (pit, eventual epidural, forceps, 20+ hrs, etc.) and would like to have a natural waterbirth this time. I'm thinking about delivering at greer memorial since they have tubs and insurance will pay everything (plus dh would feel much better if we're at a hospital rather than a birthing center).

Any feedback or other suggestions for other midwives? I used a hospital based practice last time and they were a little more pushy about induction & meds than I prefer so I don't want to have that fight again.

Thanks.
#2 of 14 Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 AM

I don't know that midwifery group, but I'd highly recommend Dr. Stafford at Cornerstone if you are wanting to deliver at Greer. My midwife was Carey Collins at http://withwomanwithchild.net/ . She was awesome.

greenhands likes this.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#3 of 14 Old 08-04-2012, 04:42 AM

I reccomend blessed births birthing center. Its ran by an amazing midwife! Its 23 mills lane greenville sc You can find the info on her web page blessedbirths.com i gave birth there 9months ago and i had the most amazing experence!
#4 of 14 Old 08-04-2012, 04:54 PM

I recommend either Carey Collins or Elizabeth Randolph. I was going to use Carey as my midwife and I attended a birth with Elizabeth. Both are wonderful women.

#5 of 14 Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM

ps~I have not heard great things about greenville midwifery.

#6 of 14 Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 PM

i just had carey collins as my midwife last year. it was a really rough labor but she was great. i had lots of anxiety(more than my first three preg and newborns) and she went so far as to come over the morning after a nightmare that i lost the baby and spent the time to find baby's heartbeat. as hard as my labor was i don't know what i'd have done without her and her apprentice!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#7 of 14 Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Nudging this older thread up wondering if there are any recent thoughts or experiences with Greenville Midwifery Care?  Considering them for baby #3 but it's quite a drive and they are fairly new so there isn't a whole lot on  the net to read up on about them!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

#8 of 14 Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Still no more reviews of Greenville Midwifery Care?  Checking them out in the next week or so, just switched providers.  Will share that story at a later date... 

#9 of 14 Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM

I saw Greenville midwifery care for a consult this week and LOVED them. 110% love them. I'm mobile but will come back to update more.

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

#10 of 14 Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 PM

cinderella08- We met with one of the midwives from Greenville Midwifery Care a couple of weeks ago to tour the birthing areas/process.  Had our first appointment yesterday.  Would LOVE to hear all about your experience thus far!  After our awful experience employing a homebirth midwife I feel pretty good going in this direction.  How far along are you?  I'm right at 25 weeks. 

#11 of 14 Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM

hamptonsmomma - I PMd you!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

#12 of 14 Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Hamptonsmomma, what happened with your midwife? I never saw you post your story. Have you found anywhere yet?

#13 of 14 Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 PM

I know of 1 positive and 3 negatives on the Greenville midwifery. Since they are in a hospital, they still have to abide by hospital regulation. The circumstances in a hospital the lead to cesarean are still the same. Something to think about. It's a wonderful middle ground for those wanting the care of a midwife, but the safety of a hospital.

I used Dr. Stafford at Greenville Memorial- ans even though I was admitted for high bp at 41.5 wks, he did not use meds for induction. Many of my friends have had successful births with him. A few though had to have c-section for a breech baby.

In a perfect world, I would love to have a midwife who knows how to deliver breech babies in a place with equipment necessary for emergencies- sadly we aren't there yet in Greenville. There is too much red tape involved.

So choose the BEST choice for you and your family with the options you have. Happy birthing!
#14 of 14 Old 10-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Dr. Stafford is my GP, love him.

That said, GMC is awesome! They just delivered my last baby. I had to switch over at 30 weeks due to high BP again and they were awesome. Finally had my water birth..in the hospital. I've had 2 home births and 2 hospital (due to high BP). Joanne was my midwife, but all the ladies are great. 

Birth Photographer mom to four blessings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page