New to Greensboro NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello out there!
Our family just moved to Summerfield a little over a week ago from Portland Oregon. While we lived out there for 13 years, my husband and I are from Florida, my oldest (19-still in Portland) was born in Florida and my middle son was born in Charleston, SC. We are glad to be back on the same coast as our extended family.  My oldest son will be moving East within 6 months-my mother in law lives in NY and he wants to go to school there. My daughter is 9 and my son is 13, and we homeschool. While it has been a really long time since I posted on MDC, some of my real life mama friends back in Portland are or are former MDC-ers. I am hoping to make some mama friends here and maybe find a park day or other fun stuff for my kiddos.  My daughter especially is having a hard time adjusting. I have joined a few homeschool yahoo groups in the area, but am guessing things will be slow for the summer. 

Hope to talk to you soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Being closer to family is so nice!  Welcome back to the east coast and best of luck settling in! love.gif

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm in Winston-Salem, but I'm a "NMY" (not a mom yet), so I'm no help for playdates, but I thought I say hi since you're local! :)

Erin
Every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle. (Whitman)

Not a Mama Yet! If you're a NMY, too, come join our current thread in the Tribal area!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hey there smile.gif Thanks a lot. We are feeling very lonely for our community back in Portland, but I've met a couple mamas since we've been here. I am having a hard time finding stuff for my 14 year old to do, he hasn't met anyone here yet. All I can say is, thank goodness for Google Hangout! He was able to "hangout" with a friend back in Portland last night. Anyway thanks for the hellos...they are much appreciated redface.gif
Old 12-16-2012, 07:40 AM

My son is only 3 but we live here in Greensboro.  We moved here about 2.5 years ago and are still finding new things and people to spend time with. 

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

aolinsmama, Greensboro is a little bit out of my circle, but if you ever decide to venture toward the Triangle there is a great group of very inclusive and active homeschoolers here. Our family doesn't homeschool, but have many friends who do and they do have weekly park days, etc. They do field trips and have organized classes, too, but it's mostly centered around Chapel Hill/Durham/Hillsborough. I do know some homeschoolers in Graham, too, but that's as far north as I can think of any I know. Hope you can find your tribe in the Triad. There must be some there, too.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie

User Tag List