Anyone near Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been living around the Triangle for over a year and because we thought we'd be leaving (we're just here on business) I haven't tried to make any friends. Now that I'm staying here while my husband will be working away from us, I would really like to get to know a few people and make some friends! We'll be moving near Chapel Hill in the next month or so.
My name is Jessica and I have a 27 month old son and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. 
Anyone out there? ;)

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#2 of 7 Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 AM

Hey, Jessica! I am pretty sure there are a fair number of members here from the area. You are definitely not alone. :) We're in Durham - I've got a 23 month old and I'm 8 months pregnant with #2.

#3 of 7 Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

I'm in Angier myself - my husband works in Cary and I work in Raleigh. We have a 17 mo, and spend a lot of time in the Durham Chapel Hill area. Have you joined any local groups? LLL is very active around here.

#4 of 7 Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 PM

There are a lot of us in the area! Hope things work out for you. It can be hard meeting people sometimes, that's for sure! Good luck!  thumb.gif

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

#5 of 7 Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM

I'm in Chapel Hill, my DD is just 1-2 weeks older than your son (4/27/10) and I'm expecting #3 in February (my oldest is 6).  We've been here for about a year and a half.  I don't get on here much, since it can be a bit slow, but try and check in every now and then.

treehugger.gif Mama to DS 8/2006 superhero.gifand DD 4/2010 energy.gif with  stork-suprise.gif expected 2/2013

#6 of 7 Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM

I'm in Apex and have an 18-month-old!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#7 of 7 Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

we just sent in the application to rent a townhouse in chapel hill so i am itching to hear back and i know i will need to meet some people! my husband will be away on business and it will just be me and my son, so i can't go stir crazy. :) would anyone like to be facebook friends? maybe that would be a good way of seeing if we develop a friendship then we could meet up in person? or i'm open to suggestions. i don't go to LLL meetings, but will likely do that when this baby is born. :)

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page