Hilton Head SC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all.  We recently moved from NC to SC near the Hilton Head area and after moving in and finding a ped (for ADHD med refill) I had all our records sent there so we were considered "enrolled" somewhere.  In case we need medical attention for something.  So the Dr's office called and said "we see that your children are missing some immunizations, would you like to schedule a time to come in and catch them up?" and I was like ... really, aren't they missing a LOT of them.  She counts and comes back and says yes but we can do xyz together etc etc.  I respond with, I'm just not interested in doing this but thanks for calling.  My question is, my 4 year old will be going to school in a year and the shots he's missing (MMR and several others that I just don't feel are warranted).  How hard is it going to be to get a "religious wavier" or something?  I have read that I have to get the form from the health dept and get it notarized, I just wondered if it's easy to get done and what experiences others might have.

TIA

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 07:13 AM

I haven't done it but I've heard it's pretty easy.  I'd also find a different doctor ASAP.

#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 AM

Call the county health dept. because sometimes the immunization nurses aren't there every day-find out the best time to come in.  Be prepared to wait unless you're there first thing in the morning.  As far as SC goes, it's all-or-nothing, so don't tell the nurse or the school your child has had some shots.  You will have to listen to a spiel and receive information about the diseases.  No one should ask you anything personal re: your religious affiliation.  You just smile and listen and get your form.  Keep a copy for yourself after you have it notarized.  I hear there is a great holistic doctor in HH--I will ask his name for you. 

#4 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

OMG, I would LOVE that!!!  The Dr's name I mean :o)

Thanks for the input!  I was afraid of what might be said about him having some and not others.  I really appreciate the info

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page