Clarksville, TN - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me about Clarksville? Homeschooling groups? Waldorf families, green living, crime, affordable housing, etc.? Homebirth? I'm not having more myself but i would like to be a midwife someday. Thanks!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#2 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I'm in Clarksville!  I haven't lived here but maybe a month, but I use a Waldorf-inspired curriculum (not a purist, though, by a long shot, and still learning a LOT).  I haven't found any homeschool groups.  Well, there is a Classical Conversations, but I can't afford it.  Crime, well, it's better than some places I've lived, but I definitely lock my cars at night.  It's a good sized town, and military, so lots of people moving around.  Depending on the size of house you want, I'd say average would be $900-1000, I think.  I hear it's cheaper on the KY side, but KY homeschooling laws aren't as easy.  Homebirthing is pretty good in TN.  I'm not sure of the exact laws, but there are a lot of CPMs around, I know, and The Farm is about 3 hours east, I believe. I SO SO SO want to train at The Farm someday.  ((sigh))

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Location: Middle Tennessee (between Nashville and Clarksville/Ft. Campbell)

Welcome to Clarksville!  We have a growing and thriving Birth Community, with a facebook group of over 200 members.  Lots of moms there, sharing info and learning together.  Many are expecting, many have little ones, all are here for networking and support; with a slant towards natural and green living.  We have a monthly playgroup gathering, too.

The previous poster is correct, there are a lot of homebirth midwives in TN.  We have a list of professionals (midwives included) posted on our FB group, if you're interested.  

Blessings,

Heidi Duncan

Birth Doula

Licensed Roots Childbirth Instructor
Prenatal Henna Artist

Essential Oils Consultant

Serving Nashville and Clarksville

#4 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Hi Heidi,

I'd like the url to your fb page so I can search for a midwife home birth!

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page