Daycare and schools in Nashville, TN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site.  I currently live in Columbus, OH, and I am moving to Nashville in the next month.  I have a 1.5 year old son who is currently in daycare.  We are thinking about moving to the Inglewood area and I will be working south of town.  Does anyone have any recommendations for daycares and school districts, or any information about homeschooling communties.  Thank you!

Robyn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome.gifWelcome to MDC! I'm bumping up your post. bump.gif Anyone have recommendations to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Hi Robyn-

I'm in south Nashville and there are some really good preschools in the area. We have an excellent Waldorf School (http://www.lindenwaldorf.org/) and quite a few Montessori and Reggio Emilia schools. It really depends on what you are looking for and how far you are willing to drive. :)

In Inglewood, you would be in the Metro Nashville School District (MNPS) which is sort of a mixed bag. There are some active homeschooling groups in the area, but I am not that familiar with any of them. You may want to consider joining up with the local API group for more information -- it's great group and pretty active: http://www.attachmentparenting.org/groups/webtn.php The East Nashville area (which includes Inglewood) is a really diverse and eclectic area. I think they have a MOMS Club (http://momsclubeast.blogspot.com/) and several Meetup groups that focus on families.

I'd be glad to tell you all I know. Feel free to send me a PM!

Carrie

#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Carrie,

I just tried to send a PM and I wasn't able...

We have found a home and we are actually moving to Franklin.  Is this close to where you are?  The first thing we are going to need is a daycare.  I sent some e-mails to a couple and haven't gotten any responses.  Thank you for the earlier suggestions!

Robyn

#5 of 5 Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 PM

Robyn-
Franklin is VERY close to me! I think my PM function might be limited because I'm new to Mothering. Drop me an email at torreshembree@yahoo.com. So excited to meet a new like-minded mama!
Carrie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page