Family to Family - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone in the Asheville area used Family to Family? I was researching for midwifes in the area because I would love to have a hospital water birth. I came across their website but would like to hear other peoples experiences with them. Thanks!!!

#2 of 6 Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 AM

I haven't used them, but have several friends who have and they all had positive birth experiences (in the water at the hospital :) )  Good luck!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 PM

Thanks so much! SOrry just now seeing this, couldn't figure out my username/password so had to make a new account lol.

I called and unfortunatly they aren't taking new patients for the month I'm due. I'm trying to set up a consultation for a midwife at Mahec. Anyone know much about them?

#4 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM

They're pretty much medwives there. I've been to mahec for other issues, and wasn't happy. 

If you're looking for a hospital water birth, I HIGHLY recommend Lauren Livingston at Community family practice. She's a wonderful family practitioner who also does GYN/OB. She's our family dr. and would have been my OB had I wanted a hospital birth. My friends who have birthed with her said it was their best birth experience ever. (not to mention, you're not techinically "allowed" to birth in the tub at the hospital, but she will let you)

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#5 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I didn't think F to F is doing births right now? We've gone there for family practice for 5 years and been very pleased though.

I had the same experience with mahec 10 years ago....good midwives but very much the medical model. They were pretty upfront with it at least.

#6 of 6 Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmommy10 View Post

I called and unfortunately they aren't taking new patients for the month I'm due.

I was in the waiting room the other day and overheard a similar phone call - wonder if it was you?  :)  Regarding MAHEC, during our birthing class last fall, a bunch of the parents were really upset because they had just been told that MAHEC midwives would not be delivering any more babies, they would only be providing prenatal care.  Those parents were scrambling to find new providers, and many of them ended up with New Dawn Midwifery.  I'm sorry I don't have more info, just wanted to pass that along - I'm sure they'll explain if you get a consult.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page