Chapel Hill Elementary School - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
 
GreenRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Coast
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there anyone on the board whose kids have attended Ephesus Elementary School in CH?  From what I've read on the city data forums, there seems to be a good neighborhood vibe about it. Will I have trouble sending an partially vaccinated kid there?

Thank you :)

GreenRose is offline  
#2 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM
 
HappyHappyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,922
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have experience to share?
 


hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

HappyHappyMommy is offline  
#3 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM
 
beanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: with the dustbunnies & sugar beans
Posts: 8,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

You shouldn't have an issue sending a partially vaccinated child to school as long as you give the school a religious exemption. Partial vaccines are not allowed unless it is a medical exemption so you'll be better off just taking the religious exemption. My kids are partially vaxed, but we are now getting them caught up (I was more worried when they were little—not so worried now—not looking to get into a debate), but I just turned in the religious exemption and haven't had any issue at all in Chapel Hill schools. 

 

As far as Ephesus, I know folks who have been very happy with it. Don't have any personal experience. It does feed into Philips Middle and there have been some mixed reviews on bullying incidents there. In general CH-C schools are very good, though, and that trouble may be over and done with before you ever get to middle school. 

 

Also, it's less likely to affect homes in the Ephesus zone, but the elementary schools will be redistricted next year. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/group_profile_view.aspx?id=edb855c0-f99f-4eb2-b846-008e4b86ec09 They are building a new elementary school to open in fall 2013 and converting an existing school to a Spanish magnet and another to a partial magnet. If you are interested in dual language you may want to look into that and also there is a Mandarin dual language program at Glenwood. 


Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!
 
"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
beanma is offline  
#4 of 5 Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
 
GreenRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Coast
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

You shouldn't have an issue sending a partially vaccinated child to school as long as you give the school a religious exemption. Partial vaccines are not allowed unless it is a medical exemption so you'll be better off just taking the religious exemption. 

 

Excellent - that's what i needed to know. And 

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

My kids are partially vaxed, but we are now getting them caught up (I was more worried when they were little—not so worried now—not looking to get into a debate)

 

Agreed. Just don't want to rush all of them just to get enrolled.

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

As far as Ephesus, I know folks who have been very happy with it. Don't have any personal experience. It does feed into Philips Middle and there have been some mixed reviews on bullying incidents there. In general CH-C schools are very good, though, and that trouble may be over and done with before you ever get to middle school. 

 

Yep.. impossible to know about the future! Silly to ask I suppose, but I can't help myself :)

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

Also, it's less likely to affect homes in the Ephesus zone, but the elementary schools will be redistricted next year. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/group_profile_view.aspx?id=edb855c0-f99f-4eb2-b846-008e4b86ec09 They are building a new elementary school to open in fall 2013 and converting an existing school to a Spanish magnet and another to a partial magnet. If you are interested in dual language you may want to look into that and also there is a Mandarin dual language program at Glenwood. 

 

INTERESTING! Thank you ... a wealth of information as always.

 

GreenRose is offline  
#5 of 5 Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Polliwog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,090
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
We live about five minutes from Ephesus but my kids are zoned for a different school.The current boundary lines are pretty weird and it wouldn't completely surprise me if some Ephesus neighborhoods were trained, too. We are closer to Ephesus, Glenwood, and Estes Hills than we are to our school. They have to make sure that they are balancing things out at each school.
Polliwog is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off