Wake Forest/Raleigh creativity program for middle-school girls - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ETA time correction. Thanks for reading.

Hiya Mommas,

I hope it's ok for me to post this here :)

I'm a mother AND creativity activist who is working to help promote girls' esteem through creativity. I'm also (obviously) a mama here on Mothering: Given that we have much in common through this site, I wanted to share my work, in case your daughter is interested.

I've been working with women for over 2 years as part of the Women's Kindness Circle and began my program for girls this summer and wanted to invite Mothering families's girls to my next program. My program is called Creative Girl and my next playshop is Sept 30-Oct 2 in Wake Forest, NC from 10 am - 3 pm.

Creative G I R L offers empowering playshops for girls to explore their creativity and celebrate girlhood/womanhood and our female super powers. Playshops are like workshops, but NO work is involved, only PLAY. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, except to have SERIOUS FUN. Every playshop has a talking circle to listen and learn from each other. We write, paint, think, create, move, laugh and SHINE!

Please contact me for more details or visit my site at http://www.creativegirl.net. I'd love to welcome your creative daughter to the Creative Girl circle.

wishing you creative blessings,

becky

WednesdayO likes this.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Becky, I'm so happy this vision of your has to come to fruition! I would recommend everyone that can be involved get involved!!

Best wishes for this and all of your wonderful work,

Wendy

Penny4Them likes this.

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page