New to Dover/Clarksville area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to Dover/Clarksville area

Hi All,
I NEED desperately to meet some mamas in my area, my DD, DH, and I live in Dover TN about 35 minutes from Clarksville. We moved here about a year ago and I love the area but we don't have any friends with young ones nearby, and I am finding it hard to meet people out here in the country! Looking for anybody in my area that would be into small play dates or lunch with adult conversation….my husband travels for work so I find myself alone with my sweet little girl a lot. She is two and a half and I would love to socialize her with some little girls her age, I am a SAHM with intentions to homeschool at the very least for preschool if not longer SO we really need to meet some people. Hope to hear back soon!
Amanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 02:35 PM

Location: Middle Tennessee (between Nashville and Clarksville/Ft. Campbell)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Amanda,
Welcome to Clarksville! (a bit late, I know)
I am Admin for a large group of local women, but we are based on facebook. The Clarksville Birth Community has over 1,000 members from the Clarksville/Fort Campbell region. It's made up of women in the childbearing year and beyond, with plenty of ladies with children the same age as yours, including homeschooling families. We have some events coming up that you may be interested in joining. This would be a good opportunity to meet new people in person. You may also be interested in the Clarksville Crunchy Ladies fb group, which is geared towards natural/holistic living. They had nearly 2,000 members, last time I checked.

Clarksville Birth Community
UPCOMING EVENTS

Pelvic Floor Party! Workshop
Saturday, August 9, 2014, 12-2 pm
Radiant Yoga, 227-A Dunbar Cave Road
Rethink everything you know about your pelvic floor and walk away with the tools and understanding you need to prevent common female issues and restore your health! If you have any pelvic floor or hip issues you NEED to join us! Visit the link for more details and to purchase your ticket!
www.rootschildbirth.com/blog/pelvic-party-by-roots-childbirth

Meet the Doulas—Open House
Sunday, August 17, 2014, 4:30-6:30 pm
Marathon Chiropractic, 1715 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Meet and mingle with local birth doulas and childbirth educators who serve families in our area and also lead the Clarksville Birth Community group. Light refreshments will be served.

Rally to Improve Birth * Birth & Baby Fair
Monday, September 1, 2014, 10 am
Bump & Rump natural parenting store, 1860 Wilma Rudolph
Thousands of men, women and children will gather on Labor Day as part of an int’l movement. It’s about respect for women and their decisions in childbirth, including how, where, and with whom they give birth; and the right to be treated with dignity and compassion.

Blessings,

Heidi Duncan

Birth Doula

Licensed Roots Childbirth Instructor
Prenatal Henna Artist

Essential Oils Consultant

Serving Nashville and Clarksville

Last edited by DoulaHeidi; 07-15-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typos

User Tag List