Waldorf in wilmington, MC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-18-2014, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Waldorf in wilmington, MC

Hi all!
I am visiting family in Wilmington and have fallen in love!
As a Waldorf grades teacher, I am passionate about Waldorf education for my rising second grader. I am totally willing and wondering if there is anyone interested in creating a Waldorf school? Perhaps there is already a movement that I have yet to find?
I was actually on my way to Emerson Waldorf in Chapel Hill, but really feel that this is a perfect place to call home and I just know that there is real potential for Waldorf here.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have family in Wilmington, so since I discovered Waldorf/Steiner some time around 2006 I've sought out Waldorfy things in that area when visiting. From what I've gathered from people there, nothing has really stuck. I think there have been attempts for groups, but other than Waldorf-inspired home nursery settings nothing seems to have ever really happened. There is a chance that I just never found the right people who knew though!

The new Nursery teacher starting this fall at EWS, Kyle Dunlap, had a program there. Check here for her contact info... she might be able to help!

Wendy - treehugger.gif   aspiring Waldorf handwork teachercrochetsmilie.gif, computer geek's wife  geek.gif,

mom to former 2lb preemie (now 9) dust.gif & 3x cat.gif 

#3 of 3 Old 07-19-2014, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you! Ihave been in touch with Kyle. Are you at Emerson? I have to make a decision about location Assp. I just keep hoping something will happen here...

Tags
Waldorf , waldorf wilmington nc , wilmington nc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page