Eastern NC midwives - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2014, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Eastern NC midwives

Imin the Rocky Mount area of eastern nc and so far can't seem to find any midwives for a home birth in this area. Does anyone know of one?

If not can anyone provide a recommendation for the closest that can be achieved here? I really want to avoid a hospital but I starting to get the feeling there may not be a choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2014, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian42 View Post
Imin the Rocky Mount area of eastern nc and so far can't seem to find any midwives for a home birth in this area. Does anyone know of one?

If not can anyone provide a recommendation for the closest that can be achieved here? I really want to avoid a hospital but I starting to get the feeling there may not be a choice.
Sadly there are very few homebirth midwives in North Carolina, especially if you are hoping to not use someone who works underground. There is a certified nurse midwife closer to the coast (Hampstead area) named Olivia Marshburn that attends them legally, but I don't personally know of any others that aren't underground. Underground is a different story, though sadly I haven't been in practice for a few years now (I'm a birth doula) and have lost communication with the few that I knew of. :-/. I know that didn't help much, but maybe consider contacting Olivia and seeing if she knows of anyone?
https://www.facebook.com/kolivia.marshburn?fref=ts
Old 10-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are only 3 legal midwives (CNMs) regularly attending homebirths in NC, one is Olivia with Midwifery Services as mentioned above. I work with her, and she is all the way in the southeast. Another is based in Fayetteville, Donna Galatti with Monarch Midwifery, and the other based near the Raleigh area, Nancy Harman with Birthwise, who may actually attend births in Rocky Mount. It's less than 2 hours of a drive. You will need to contact her and ask. I know we sometimes attend births 2+ hours from our offices, so perhaps Nancy does as well. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birth...952941?sk=info

User Tag List